Hawaii

Need some ideas for a small outdoor maui beach wedding

My fiance and I are getting married April 15, 2012 and I am looking for some ideas or who to contact for an beach wedding in maui....I plan on doing most everything myself and just need some ideas....our colors are red and silver....and this is a dream for us both to be married on the beaches of maui

Re: Need some ideas for a small outdoor maui beach wedding

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Though you plan on doing most things yourself, a wedding coordinator would be of help in attaining the permit for a beach wedding and any other details that you might have over looked also the wedding coordinator can also be your person on point to help you with vendors and recommendations.  I heard one knottie here say that her officiant got them the beach permit so you could go that route as well.  But I recommend some WC and use one of their beach packages. 
  • breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding coordinator is giving us the following for our Maui beach wedding Beach permit Assistance obtaining marriage license Bouquet for me Leis for both of us Keepsake wedding certificate Officiant Hair & makeup for me Hair for my mom Discounted booking on activities on the island All for $570. There's very little markup to doing it on your own and you don't have to worry about the stress of getting it all to come together.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you know which area of Maui you'd prefer? The other upside to having a coordinator is that they can help block off your desired ceremony location and redirect traffic as needed. Or, if your location is taken, they can also help redirect guests.
  • flash8785flash8785 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Initially, I was planning on doing a Maui wedding.  Now I'm focusing on Kauai.

While I was researching Maui, I emailed quite a bit with a wedding coordinator named Kara Burne of Your Aloha Wedding.  http://www.youralohawedding.com/

Although I have not actually done an event with her, she was by FAR the most helpful and responsive coordinator I've found on any of the islands.  I'm even considering flying her into Kauai if I can't find anyone on Kauai who returns phone calls faster than once a week.  Like I said, I haven't actually seen her put on an event, but her communication seems great so far.

Good luck!
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started working with Kara but her prices were pretty high compared to the planner I went with.  Good luck on your planning!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards