March 2014 Weddings

Glad i'm not the only nutter that starting planning already!

Got engaged oct 2nd, set our date for 3/29/14, two weeks after my son's 2nd birthday. We met before i knew i was pregnant with my exes baby, I was 3 weeks along. 
My fiance is my nerdy dream man and he loves me and my son, I couldn't ask for more. I'm so excited! Been looking into venues ever since we got engaged Never too early to start planning right!? :)

Re: Glad i'm not the only nutter that starting planning already!

• Congratulations! And absolutely not! I'm learning that the earlier you start planning, the better - especially when you're on a budget! My fiance and I just got engaged two weeks ago and are planning a wedding for 3/14/14 - my late great grandfather's birthday, and three days after him and my late great grandmother's anniversary.   :)
    Congrats again!
  • Thanks a bunch! congrats to you too! off to see another venue now! :)
  • I have been engaged and planning since April 1st...lol...I have a lot done...but new stuff keeps popping up....congrats to you both
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have tentatively set a date of 03.28.14 - and I'm already stressing out, because I'm concerned with venue availability! We are getting married in Charleston, so places book like a year and a half out!

Also, we've been engaged since last October Embarassed
  • I got engaged on Sept. 24th, with a tentative date for 3/7/2014. we're trying to plan but we're kind of stuck at the moment because we don't know yet if the ceremony site we want will let us use it.

congrats and good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats. I got engaged on september 2nd and we are in negotions with a hall. right now we hope to get married march 8th 2014 :) its never too early to plan:)
  • Hey everyone! I got engaged 11/21/12 and my date is 3/14/14 and I started planning already! It's never too early :) 
  • I got engaged 3/2/12 and our date is 3/22/14 ince we started dating in march and engaged the same month 2 years later. We've started early since him and I are paying for the whole thing. Glad we're not alone in planning early
  • Our tentative date is also 3/29/2014! : We are actually really smart for starting to plan early. It'll be less stressful when March of 2014 gets here :
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2014-weddings_glad-im-not-the-only-nutter-that-starting-planning-already?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:179b8bb8-7e19-4a31-9506-cc60c908fe65Discussion:5bbaf693-e78c-4069-8890-90a3b002691bPost:7d850471-0947-4e20-847a-98fd69e194fb">Glad i'm not the only nutter that starting planning already!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Got engaged oct 2nd, set our date for 3/29/14, two weeks after my son's 2nd birthday. We met before i knew i was pregnant with my exes baby, I was 3 weeks along.  My fiance is my nerdy dream man and he loves me and my son, I couldn't ask for more. I'm so excited! Been looking into venues ever since we got engaged Never too early to start planning right!? :)
    Posted by jjbadame[/QUOTE]

Sounds like my story! My guy is a total nerd. Like, he wants us buy us light sabers.. We really compliment each other. He's laid-back and I've been dubbed "The Planner." (We aren't technically engaged..I know, I'm a lil crazy!!) I mean, that's not bad is it? We both know we want to be together, and we've talked about when we'd like to get married. I wanted 12/13/14, he wanted a spring wedding. I said Red or orange. He said red was played out. THEN my sister tells me SHE wants to do orange, so orange is out. Which is fine. So I'm using purple. I LOVE hydrangeas, which make it super easy to do bouquets!

I have a couple questions- We're on a budget. (I'm in RN school and I'll be done in May 2014.) I want to get married before the "wedding season" since it's cheaper. I found this AMAZING winery. However, my childrens' father and his wife just got married there. So that venue is out. We live in different states (He's in the Navy in Va and I'm in school in TN.) So I was thinking maybe a venue in Eastern TN or Western Va. Any suggestions?!

How do yall feel about silk flowers? I plan on doing Lapis as my color and using hydrangeas for bouquets. I've worked with these flowers before and they require A LOT of water. My cousin used real ones in her wedding and they were wilting before we walked down the isle! One my best friends used silk ones for hers and they were gorgeous!

Thanks in advance.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2014-weddings_glad-im-not-the-only-nutter-that-starting-planning-already?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:179b8bb8-7e19-4a31-9506-cc60c908fe65Discussion:5bbaf693-e78c-4069-8890-90a3b002691bPost:92c2b367-75eb-4ab3-bed2-fcc5b848be3f">Re:Glad i'm not the only nutter that starting planning already!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got engaged 3/2/12 and our date is 3/22/14 ince we started dating in march and engaged the same month 2 years later. We've started early since him and I are paying for the whole thing. Glad we're not alone in planning early
    Posted by Kiwi3310[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>hey date twin</div>

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2014-weddings_glad-im-not-the-only-nutter-that-starting-planning-already?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:179b8bb8-7e19-4a31-9506-cc60c908fe65Discussion:5bbaf693-e78c-4069-8890-90a3b002691bPost:92c2b367-75eb-4ab3-bed2-fcc5b848be3f">Re:Glad i'm not the only nutter that starting planning already!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got engaged 3/2/12 and our date is 3/22/14 ince we started dating in march and engaged the same month 2 years later. We've started early since him and I are paying for the whole thing. Glad we're not alone in planning early
    Posted by Kiwi3310[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>hey date twin</div>

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • <another nutter ((( pointing at myself )))
    :)

Congratulations!

• I started planning about a month ago. Have the Ceremony/Reception site booked Cake Flowers- centerpieces and bouquets Champagne flutes Unity candles and stands Cake knife and server Ring bearer pillow Maid of honor dresses,shoes Bridesmaid dresses,shoes and belts My dress,vail,shoes and undergarments My dress preservation service
  • Still need to do Invitations Caterer tasting Tuxes Going to be a long year waiting for sure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards