Pre-wedding Parties

Appropriate Bachelorette Party

I am a bridesmaid in my friends wedding which is coming up in April. All of the bridesmaids have been working together to try and plan a bachlelorette party that everyone would enjoy. The only problems that we are running into is that it has be something a 19year old can do and something the a 3month pregnant woman could do as well. We have decided on a date for the party and two aspects of it. If anyone can help throw out some ideas, that would be great!

Re: Appropriate Bachelorette Party

• Did you ask the bride what types of things she would enjoy doing?

You could have a spa day, have a girls' night in with junk food and movies, you could go out to dinner and a movie, you could go see a sports team depending what the weather's like and what sports teams/baseball teams are around you.

There are lots of possibilities, but it depends on budget, location, what types of things the bride is interested in, etc. Also, even if you go to a restaurant/bar, the pregnant BM doesn't have to imbibe and if it's also a restaurant, they will often let under 21s in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • The possibilities are pretty much endless. Alcohol doesn't ever have to figure into any plans, so don't worry about that.
    I would ask the bride for some suggestions for activites and see which ones appeal to you guys, as well.
    I love the idea of going to a restaurant that also serves alcohol. This way those that want to drink can and those who can't can still participate.
  • We have discussed a few options along the lines of that but the bride wants to be home early because the only time we all have available is March 30th. Another thing is that the bridesmaid aren't quite seeing eye to eye with one another on what to do. We were planning a pole dance lesson then dinner, but when we hinted at it, the bride shot it down. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_appropriate-bachelorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:2275e235-3e73-4542-a077-8a1ce77d564cPost:73382a36-b7ac-4c35-8c3a-484391ebd2ce">Re: Appropriate Bachelorette Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have discussed a few options along the lines of that but the bride wants to be home early because the only time we all have available is March 30th. Another thing is that the bridesmaid aren't quite seeing eye to eye with one another on what to do. We were planning a pole dance lesson then dinner, but when we hinted at it, the bride shot it down. 
    Posted by MegRynd[/QUOTE]

<div>So take her to a restaurant earlier in the day.  You don't have to go out to eat at midnight.  Or, since you said she wants to be home early, why not do a girls' night in?  She doesn't want to go pole dancing, don't make her go pole dancing.  Just pick something--movie, dinner, spa, night in--and stick to it.</div>
  • talk to your wedding vendors, ask around, or check kijiji for local services that might entertain at someone's home.  In my area, my MOH and I offer retro burlesque dance clases (everyone's clothing stays on but we teach you to peel out of a robe while looking classy, not smutty) and we do retro hair tutorials and make up.  You might be able to find this or something similar (psychic, makeover, etc) that is appropriate for all and then you can stay in and have a private party at home. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards