Illinois-Chicago

Dress Shopping

Well ladies, I'm going dress shopping next weekend and was wondering if there is any advice you could give? Should I make appointments? What under garments should I bring? Shoes? I'm so excited but also have butterflies! ;-)

Re: Dress Shopping

• kag0215kag0215 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely make appointments!!!! I cannot stress that enough. Weekends are the busiest days for wedding salons. Without an appointment chances are that they won't be able to help you. Most places have 1 1/2 hr. appointments but ask to be sure. Wear a strapless bra or a convertible one that you can take the straps off of if you don't want to spend all day in a strapless. Wear modest underwear most of the places I went to had curtains on the doors that didn't stay shut all the way. They should have slips for you to use. As far as shoes go just wear what you're comfortable in because it'll be a lot of standing all day and you're not going to see your shoes with the dress on anyways.
    209 Invited image
    141 Can't Wait image
    19 Have Something Better To Do image
    49 Can't Find a Mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto above, also bring a pony tail holder (if your hair is longer) so you can pull it back if you try on veils or anything. if you plan on wearing spanx the day of you can wear them while trying dresses on too. Most places the consultant will be in the room with you and will see you in your bra and panties so don't wear a thong!
    have fun!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards