Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Snack/Candy bar

Our venue just let us know that we are able to have a snack/candy bar and I would like some suggestions as to what to put in it? I'm also thinking it would be awesome to have a sno cone machine, I found a place to rent it at a good price. I like it since the wedding is in June, but I would like some opinions on that as well. Thanks!

Re: Snack/Candy bar

• JessiesGurl33JessiesGurl33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding recently that had a really cool snack bar. They had sno cones, cotton candy, rope licorice, ring pops, coney dogs and tons of nostalgic foods. I felt like it was being at a skating rink when I was a kid!
  • ustchica05ustchica05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding that had had candy made in their wedding colors.. M&Ms, skittles, rock candy, taffy, licorice, etc.
  • Suzette70Suzette70 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ring pops and Snickers!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd love to see some salty mixed in with the sweet (especially if cake has already been served).

I am thinking popcorn, french fries, "fancy" potato chips....something like that. 
  • loverslane6loverslane6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on doing the same and I am doing cupcakes, chocolate covererd licorice, purple m&ms, purple kisses and some different kinds of cookies :)
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing a gourmet popcorn buffet at our October wedding. We found a place online that has tons of different flavors, and is really fun! My fiance is especially excited for the Beer and Cheese Flavor. If you'd like the URL, let me know!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • lovemypandylovemypandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want something cold, I would suggest and icecream/yogurt bar. Frozen yogurt is so popular in my area right now and everyone can creat their own with the add ins. Great for adults and kids.
  • FLAMINGO54FLAMINGO54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

wondering are most candy bars in color themes from the wedding? How many candies do you usually have?

• PHughes819PHughes819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I might need to use the popcorn buffet idea!  I have never seen it done before and with all the possible flavors it just soudns so great!
  • JoAnne1027JoAnne1027 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The ice cream sundae bar is my favorite!  Every time I've been to a wedding with one the adults seem to enjoy it more than the kids. lol
  • JoAnne1027JoAnne1027 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • linzisimonslinzisimons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look at candy.com They have every color of candy.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_snackcandy-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:805770c4-8d1c-4c5b-8418-ce3bfc5eb46cPost:7acc0652-5ab9-43d7-82db-841688ef040d">Re: Snack/Candy bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]wondering are most candy bars in color themes from the wedding? How many candies do you usually have?
    Posted by FLAMINGO54[/QUOTE]
    There are plenty of websites that will let you order candy in particular colors, whether it's the candy itself or the wrapper?
  • pillsburyajpillsburyaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Love the idea of a sno cone machine!

You could also do you and your FH's fave candies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • zr8derzzr8derz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are so fun. There are several sites that allow you to purchase tons of candy that is color specific.
    The Sno-Cone machine sounds like it would be a big hit as well.
    As James so eloquently states - Nothing Else Matters! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Annabelle78Annabelle78 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Do the candies have to coordinate with the wedding colors? I'm mexican-american and would like to have some mexican candies in our candy bar.
  • loverslane6loverslane6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its completely up to you if you want it to coordinate or not :) It definately limits things when you try to stick to a certain color though it can be done!
  • edited December 2011
    could i have that website please
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards