Colorado-Denver

Invitations question

Hello ladies!
I'm preparing to send my invitations next week for my April wedding.  We are inviting about 150 guests, which will be about 80 invitations.  I was planning on just printing address labels, but have since heard that it's etiquette to handwrite your wedding invitations.  What is everybody's take on this?  I was really looking forward to just printing the labels and being done with it, but now I feel because I have so few invitations to send, I should suck it up and handwrite them?  I have horrible handwriting.  Would my guests be offended if they see I didn't take the time to personally address their invitations?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Re: Invitations question

• JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know your guests better than us. I would go with your gut. If it is an informal wedding, I do not think it really matters.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_invitations-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:3af1778e-1d56-4d34-a7a3-33e5f19051efPost:baa3adc8-c0b9-42fd-b37e-f139ce44a0b9">Re: Invitations question</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know your guests better than us. I would go with your gut. If it is an informal wedding, I do not think it really matters.
    Posted by JessieR933[/QUOTE]

agree.. my wedding is also in April ( end of april) and I plan on sending my out at the end of January. Best of luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • robin622robin622 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

wifeandmommy:  Thanks for the well wishes!  We are getting married in Las Vegas, Caesar's Palace, which is why we are sending our invites out so early.  I posted this same question on the "Etiquette" blog and got a lot of rude and unhelpful responses with a lot of questions as to why I'm sending our invitations out so early.  I'm very frustrated with some of those ladies' responses!! 
    Anyway... I'm very grateful for both yours and JessieR933s responses.  I think I will just stick with the address lables.  I think if I use clear labels with a nice font it will class it up a bit!  Lol. 

Thanks again!

• edited December 2011
    here's my feeling about invites=they get thrown out anyways

just saying. dont' get upset about it! and i think printed lables are just fine!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I think printed labels are fine, ESPECIALLY since you said your handwriting sucks. It is important for them to be nice and neat, not handwritten. I think the handwriting rule is outdated, personally.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_invitations-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:3af1778e-1d56-4d34-a7a3-33e5f19051efPost:a687e7df-5d86-44d7-abc7-8436ba7bafd6">Re: Invitations question</a>:
    [QUOTE]wifeandmommy:  Thanks for the well wishes!  We are getting married in Las Vegas, Caesar's Palace, which is why we are sending our invites out so early.  I posted this same question on the "Etiquette" blog and got a lot of rude and unhelpful responses with a lot of questions as to why I'm sending our invitations out so early.  I'm very frustrated with some of those ladies' responses!!  Anyway... I'm very grateful for both yours and JessieR933s responses.  I think I will just stick with the address lables.  I think if I use clear labels with a nice font it will class it up a bit!  Lol.  Thanks again!
    Posted by robin622[/QUOTE]

I have also posted on there and some are rude ladies.  Glad i would be helpful. Hope it all turns out as you hope but don't get to stressed over them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • AnnofIrelandAnnofIreland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree with Sakana. Seriously,at best they get recycled. There is no need to spend time on that. If you want to hand write, or have one hand written in calligraphy for your album, that might be a nice idea for posterity.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards