Snarky Brides

I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.

Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.

• I am so confused... what is post secret? who has time to make these "call outs"? Are we back in highschool?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:ec5bfac3-ab5f-4094-9fe3-b504da5b5a04">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit. : In Heels' case, I'm not sure that taking a break would make the bullshit stop.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. I'm fairly certain that the few on E that "dislike" Heels has been harping on that for much longer than today. I think she's taken far more shiz than anything else on TK, even the people who have already GBCK'd. I post maybe once a month now because it's just not the same dynamic it used to be. Lurking on SB is amusing and enjoyable, but shiz like this with all the kps nonsense... not worth anyone's time or recognition.

Heels I respect your decision to leave behind a very toxic atmosphere. I'll be stalking you IRL anyways :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:776c25b4-3766-4120-94a7-760dd1e39752">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so confused... what is post secret? who has time to make these "call outs"? Are we back in highschool?
    Posted by staceytaylor0704[/QUOTE]

More like the stage right after 8th grade but right before 9th.

<a href="http://www.postsecret.com" target="_blank">Post Secret (link</a>) is a site/movement started where people mail in their secrets on post cards. It is an awesome site.

A bunch of people on E, myself included, thought it would be awesome to have our own <a href="http://theknotpostsecret.tumblr.com/" target="_blank">Knot Post Secret (link</a>). At first it was really great, and actually made people go "Wow, maybe I'm not alone". A lot of the posts were about depression, fears about relationships, kids, etc. Then they got stupid and now it's just a joke.

Today a site on call outs (listed in the op) was created which is just dumb.
  • Okay I had to stop reading at page 2 because this is all such a pile of kangaroo shyt. I sign into TK today to see that shyt has hit the fan, Heels is leaving (although I am new I like you and wish you wouldn't go), and people have found the most cowardly way to insult someone and make it a personal attack!

This is depressing! I have only been posting for a couple of months but I would bytch out anyone who talked bad about any of you all.  Everyone on this board (except the trolls) seems to be such a good people and it is heartbreaking to see that people can stoop this low as to fight on the internet. This is a new level and I will try to e-mail Tumblr when I get home from my night class (Ju Jitsu!).

Ugh! I feel sorry for the people who are so miserable in their own life that they need to try to bring other people down, what a sad life they must be. Disturbing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:903a77b0-cb56-4e6d-9978-7642e67db40b">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit. : Pretty much this. <strong>I'm fairly certain that the few on E that "dislike" Heels has been harping on that for much longer than today. I think she's taken far more shiz than anything else on TK, even the people who have already GBCK'd.</strong> I post maybe once a month now because it's just not the same dynamic it used to be. Lurking on SB is amusing and enjoyable, but shiz like this with all the kps nonsense... not worth anyone's time or recognition. Heels I respect your decision to leave behind a very toxic atmosphere. I'll be stalking you IRL anyways :)
    Posted by lilgina64[/QUOTE]

That's just shiit. Seriously pathetic. Heels is a sweet girl and that shouldn't make her a target for a couple of jackholes. Sounds like some people need to grow up and examine their own lives.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:b8bb08dc-dc10-4643-ae4f-25dbd3a2c292">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think they are just jealous because I can get bitches pregnant with my face.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Wow...that makes me not want to make out with you anymore.   *sigh*

Heels - Please don't leave.  I'll miss your funny posts.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:c1d4440e-cca5-4a9d-8641-e3b41c027c83">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My hotmail isn't working, but I'll do this when it decides to work again. I don't think you'll get made fun of either. These are totally out of line.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

i thought it was only my hotmail that went down i asked on facebook and no one else was having issues but i seriously almost had a panic attack over it today (yeah silly i know) but I LIVE and do EVERYTHING via email!
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but I forget how new so many people are to theknot or to this board or me being on this board (ok now I'm confusing myself).

• marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2010
    I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: There's a whole lot of bitchery on E. Now not everyone there is like that, but it's very cliquey there, whereas here everyone talks to everyone. Regs and newbs interact like old pals on SB. Maybe some of the regs on E are jealous?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:97d6c260-f26a-4b12-b639-42857ef89f74">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit. : Wow...that makes me not want to make out with you anymore.   *sigh* Heels - Please don't leave.  I'll miss your funny posts.
    Posted by leayn[/QUOTE]

I'll wear a face condom. It doesn't feel the same, but whatever.
  • I still feel new a lot of the time, Katie. I wasn't here for the boardwar crap and the "great migration" so all that is gibberish to me. And I have no idea what (P&)E means--was this the old board name? I don't get it.

So maybe that's why I didn't get some of the callouts, like P2s. I usually only lurked on SB and E while staying on my month board, then hung out here once I got married. I feel like I missed out on most of the stories.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:160c4a6b-da49-4fca-a8a5-799fdf789729">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still feel new a lot of the time, Katie. I wasn't here for the boardwar crap and the "great migration" so all that is gibberish to me. And I have no idea what (P&)E means--was this the old board name? I don't get it. So maybe that's why I didn't get some of the callouts, like P2s. I usually only lurked on SB and E while staying on my month board, then hung out here once I got married. I feel like I missed out on most of the stories.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

This... Except for the married part. :p
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:160c4a6b-da49-4fca-a8a5-799fdf789729">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still feel new a lot of the time, Katie. I wasn't here for the boardwar crap and the "great migration" so all that is gibberish to me. A<strong>nd I have no idea what (P&)E means--was this the old board name?</strong> I don't get it. So maybe that's why I didn't get some of the callouts, like P2s. I usually only lurked on SB and E while staying on my month board, then hung out here once I got married. I feel like I missed out on most of the stories.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    Yup---the board used to be called Planning and Etiquette. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:5da66075-2bf9-4407-8926-811dea884920">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not one person, it's a lot of persons.  The non-board-war-whateverthefuckyouwanttocallit, the passive aggressive digs via KPS and TNPS, the braces bullshit, I'm done.  I have thick skin but I can only take so much. But don't worry, I can always come back as BlameCanada. 
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Heels, I am waiting to read further down this thread where you changed your mind! I know you are not saying this to make us say "don't go" but please don't go!!

</div>
  • The name of the board used to be Planning and Etiquette before they had the board upgrades (which made it suckier and was really bad for a few weeks/months).

The rest is crazy drama, mostly stupid drama, and a little bit of "Wtf just happened?"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:2c7e0773-e958-4cfa-9056-d6febf16f6e1">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: There's a whole lot of bitchery on E. Now not everyone there is like that, but it's very cliquey there, whereas here everyone talks to everyone. Regs and newbs interact like old pals on SB. <strong>Maybe some of the regs on E are jealous?
    </strong>Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Signs point to yes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Am I the only one who posts everywhere? Is that not normal?
  • Let me just say that I've definitely had my share of wrongs in the drama between me and some of the E regs.  It's not a "poor heels those mean bad bitches are so nasty to her for no reason" situation.  Now the cowardly KPSs and KPS callouts and trolls?  Yeah, that's spineless and lame.  But anyone who has beef with me and says it to my face on TK has  their reasons (except P2, I'm not really sure what her problem is), whether I agree with those reasons or not.    Just FYI. 
  • I'm late to this but..

Heels don't go. I really love how nice and normal you are. I emailed tumblr, the callout sites are ridiculous. 

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • This whole situation is sucky. :(
    The stupid callout page is just SO mean, and I can't believe someone started it. I as well will be sad if you leave Heels. I enjoy reading your posts, and your sig picture from earlier really made me smile. I do hope you change your mind, but I totally understand why you feel the way you do.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:30522baf-5b43-4dad-b38d-ccee8f0c03b5">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only one who posts everywhere? Is that not normal?
    Posted by Belle2Be[/QUOTE]
    I think most people post on several boards. I post on Chit Chat, Registering, Honeymoon and Wedding Party (occasionally). I used to post on E, but the vibe there was kind of negative and I didn't really care for that.
  • Before I got married I would post on my local, monthly and E. Now I post here and on E. I'm just here for the socialness now so I don't hang out on the boards that are more wedding-y.
  • Well damn.  I try to stay out of the middle of the bidness but that sucks that you're leaving for that reason Heels.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:ea54935f-24e7-40fb-b2bf-ae5d18f6f264">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit. : More like the stage right after 8th grade but right before 9th. Post Secret (link ) is a site/movement started where people mail in their secrets on post cards. It is an awesome site. A bunch of people on E, myself included, thought it would be awesome to have our own Knot Post Secret (link ). At first it was really great, and actually made people go "Wow, maybe I'm not alone". A lot of the posts were about depression, fears about relationships, kids, etc. Then they got stupid and now it's just a joke. Today a site on call outs (listed in the op) was created which is just dumb.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Oh wow.. that site is sorta depressing, sorta funny.

The new one is just stupid and hateful, even though I don't know who most of them are directed at.

I just don't understand why grown people can't act that way.
  • Late, as usual, but as far as the Diana thing goes, yes, I've never referred to myself that way.
    Someone else posted and said that (I think I remember that correctly - it's been ages), and I said I was very flattered, but that it was Sara Bellum who claimed the looks like Princess Di.

And Heels - (((((((( GH))))))))))))

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-going-made-fun-of-this-but-ive-stopped-giving-ashit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ccb993d-4bc3-4f83-b432-907ed45d0aeaPost:30522baf-5b43-4dad-b38d-ccee8f0c03b5">Re: I'm going to get made fun of for this but I've stopped giving ashit.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only one who posts everywhere? Is that not normal?
    Posted by Belle2Be[/QUOTE]

That is what I used to think! I've actually been here for a couple of years, I made a new acct. in July b/c my original s/n had my last name in it. When I first joined and saw all this stuff about "x board" doesn't like "y board" or "z board" I was like wtf? Is that really what it's like here? Since the first day I joined I just posted anywhere and everywhere. I think everyone moves around a lot but a lot of people just have their "social board" where they just enjoy being the most. I probably spend more time on SB than anywhere else.
    some MOH love! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Heels, we had snippy words once and I am saying again, don't go and don't let these idiots get the best of you.

I do not care who has cause to "have beef" with you. Damn, I mean have all of us not given people reason for that? 

SB is an great place. It even has room for a reg like me, and some days I feel like the crazy old Aunt on the board, but hey what makes it good here is our diversity I figure. Don't give up a good thing because of some conflicts and idiots.
  • Whatever you decide, Heels, know that we're always here for you, when/if you need us.

<3

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I like Heels and think she is pretty. And her hair probably smells nice, like freesia.
  • I enjoy reading your posts, Heels.  Please stay Laughing
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards