Connecticut

Mystic Rehearsal Dinner help

Hi ladeis, I am wondering if anyone has anysuggestions for a rehearsal dinner location in Mystic in July. I am getting married at the Branford House and Coastal Gourmet is doing the catering. I am going to Mystic for a few days and am hoping to have some things worked out by the time I come back on Sunday. Any suggestions are really appreciated.

Re: Mystic Rehearsal Dinner help

• edited December 2011
    Latitude 41* (the restaurant at the entrance to the Seaport run by Coastal Gourmet) is a great location for a rehearsal dinner, but they might be booked for weddings in July - it's worth a shot to see if they are available.

Not sure who the contact for a rehearsal dinner would be, but Alyson Devaney is the woman from Coastal Gourmet who coordinates weddings from this company.
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Latitude 41 so I've been looking at other locations for the RD.  I'm not going to be much help- but as a warning, there have been a few restaurants we've come across that don't do large parties during the summer months because of the tourist location.  
  • jnu1117jnu1117 member
    edited December 2011
    We had our dinner at the Ancient Mariner downtown. There is not a private room but we had a bunch of tables at the front of the restuarant. We loved it. Good Luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married at the BH! One things to keep in mind is parking for your guests. Many of mine are from out of town and I don't want parking to be an issue for them. I don't know how big your party is, but Olio's in Groton in nice, and parking isn't an issue there.They also own Bravo Bravo and Azu in downtown Mystic, but parking is more tricky there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mlprck27mlprck27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Steak Loft in Mystic http://www.steakloftct.com/
    Not sure what they do for rehearsal dinners but they have amazing food and a great atmosphere. 
  • edited December 2011

The rehearsal dinner for a wedding I was in last fall was held at Go Fish, which is right near downtown Mystic (the don't just serve fish). There was a private room for us and they even had personalized menus printed. It was really nice and a lot of fun. If they are able to accomodate a private party during the summer months I would definitely reccomend checking them out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the recommendations guys, I got quotes from both Go Fish and Latitude 41 last summer, wish I had just boked then. I will check both out again and see what they say. I have my coastal gourmet tasting on Satuday at Latitude 41 so I will ask them then.
  • edited December 2011
    TBee99 - how awesome to find anothr Branford House bride. I look forward to sharing tons of plans with you and hopefully hearing all about yours.
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_mystic-rehearsal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:39c4d0f2-2d35-44de-b5c1-4b8dd8ccf33fPost:64e0a0d5-d46c-4e25-adcb-7a0350d7ab76">Re: Mystic Rehearsal Dinner help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all the recommendations guys, I got quotes from both Go Fish and Latitude 41 last summer, wish I had just boked then. I will check both out again and see what they say. I have my coastal gourmet tasting on Satuday at Latitude 41 so I will ask them then.
    Posted by monef[/QUOTE]

I'll see you there! :)
  • TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    monef-My wedding is year after yours, so hopefully you can give me some good tips! I'm also local to the area, so let me know if you have any questions :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_mystic-rehearsal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:39c4d0f2-2d35-44de-b5c1-4b8dd8ccf33fPost:d0f43e41-23b5-4387-8474-dc9b3013b766">Re: Mystic Rehearsal Dinner help</a>:
    [QUOTE]monef-My wedding is year after yours, so hopefully you can give me some good tips! I'm also local to the area, so let me know if you have any questions :)
    Posted by TBee99[/QUOTE]

Yay Branford House brides!  We haven't put down our deposit yet, but will likely do so next week.  We'll be early September 2012, hopefully Sept 1st.

I'm NOT local - I live 2000 miles away!  So any help/advice on vendors, rentals, logistics, etc. would be MUCH appreciated!

Anniversary

• TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    calindi- Let me know if you book and what your date is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_mystic-rehearsal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:39c4d0f2-2d35-44de-b5c1-4b8dd8ccf33fPost:64e0a0d5-d46c-4e25-adcb-7a0350d7ab76">Re: Mystic Rehearsal Dinner help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all the recommendations guys, I got quotes from both Go Fish and Latitude 41 last summer, wish I had just boked then. I will check both out again and see what they say. I have my coastal gourmet tasting on Satuday at Latitude 41 so I will ask them then.
    Posted by monef[/QUOTE]

See you and Vanessa there!
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards