Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

HELP! song suggestions...

ok, i am super stressing. we are getting married in 4 days and I don't have entrance songs for us or the bridal party or a father/daughter/mother/son dance (a short song, for health reasons) and a bridal party dance....ANY suggestions are welcome. My FH and I have a big difference in taste, he like rap, rock &etc and i'm more of a modern christian & country girl. 
TIA

Re: HELP! song suggestions...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Friends of our has their wedding party come into I Got a Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas, a very appropriate song for a celebration and having fun I thought.  We are coming into Michael Jackson's The Thriller just to be funny. If you go through some of the old songs a lot of them are short for your slow dances.  For example we are dancing to You are So Beautiful - very good song and very short!!!! So check out some of the older music.  I can't think of an specific songs for the dances you are thinking of but if I do I'll definitely comment!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just off the top of my head....

entrance songs for us or the bridal party : Either 'Lets Get It Started' or 'I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas

father/daughter/mother/son dance (a short song, for health reasons) 'I Am Your Child' by Barry Manilow... super sweet & maybe 2  minutes long

a bridal party dance: not sure what this is... the bridal patry dances with each other? maybe 'Thank You For Loving Me' by Bon Jovi
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    dmiller9274dmiller9274 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    For our entrace song we are using "I Feel Good" James Brown
    Father Daughter or Mother Son "What a wonderful world" Louis Armstrong
    Bridal Party "That's what friends are for" Dionne Warwick (minus her psychic friends)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your tastes are so different try to find some middle ground. So maybe go for some classic rock songs. Try Aerosmith "Don't Want to Miss a Thing", The Doors "Hello I Love You", Bryan Adams "When You Love Someone", or something along those lines. Or you can maybe each pick a couple songs you like, they don't all have to be in the same genre, though I might stay away from rap.
    I'm married!
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have some in my planning bio under music suggestions!!

HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards