African American Weddings

This MIGHT be a TMI question, but....

Do black women get bikini waxed?...The only woman I've heard do it before was Sherri Sheppard (live on tv)....I'm thinking about getting it done for my wedding night but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nervous....and I KNOW its going to hurt.  I heard they go all up and in between and they wax the back area also.  Have any of you ladies been waxed before?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: This MIGHT be a TMI question, but....

• If you are talking about having all the hair removed it is called a Brazilian and the answer is YES we do get it done.  I have not done it yet I am waiting until 3 days before the wedding but I am doing it for sure.  I know a lot of the other women on here have done it.  I say if you want it go for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well not really ALL the hair, but ok!...lol...Im going to see if a BM wants to join me...or at least keep me company during the process....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • <-- BRAZILLIAN getter
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • All about the Brazilian wax over here!!!

Hmmm, I would have to be really close to someone to go into the room with them while they are getting waxed and even then, uh no, I'll be in the lobby if you need me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_this-might-tmi-question-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:6fbc6f7d-b81c-4a6d-874e-ca198dd2e2ecPost:6632fea2-1432-46b3-b162-500f13543393">Re: This MIGHT be a TMI question, but....</a>:
    [QUOTE]All about the Brazilian wax over here!!! Hmmm, I would have to be really close to someone to go into the room with them while they are getting waxed and even then, uh no, I'll be in the lobby if you need me.
    Posted by wallacje[/QUOTE]

lol...We ARE really close and she said yes lol...but it might just be my nerves...Im going to try it...I KNOW FI will love it...I think Im more focus on the pain than I should be...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know of a lot of black women that have done it. I have not but am seriously considering it. Go for it!!!
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've never done it, but I plan on doing it like Cat said maybe three or four days before my wedding.

• I have had my bikini waxed but never a brazilian.. I did have one of my close friends in their with me at the time just to try to keep my mind off the pain but it did help. But I am thinking about getting the brazilian wax a couple days before my wedding. So I say go for it and it looks nice once it's done..
  • MY FI says he wants to be there when I get it done.  I've yet to muster up the courage to try this.  Maybe one day...

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• In Response to Re: This MIGHT be a TMI question, but....:
    [QUOTE]<-- BRAZILLIAN getter
    Posted by Soon2BSand[/QUOTE]

Me Too!  Got an appt on Sat as a matter of fact! LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got a brazilian once and never again...however, I did get extended bikini waxes every 5 weeks :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I get brazilian waxes and it's amazing! Painful...but amazing because it literally take 2-3 months for all my hair to come back. Make sure you allow at LEAST 3-4 days before the wedding.

• That was a good question I was thinking about getting one, but was scared, I think I'm going to try it too, maybe I will make my sister go with me she is my MOH.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I plan to get one a few days before the wedding as well. They say you can take an aleve a couple of hours before to help with the pain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've had it done and it's not that bad.  i usally take advil beforehand and read a magazine during the wax...lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I get brazilian waxes and love them. I would do it a few days before the wedding because the waxed area will be tender. Ps...it hurts a bit and is a tad uncomfortable, but worth it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes we do! Brazillians are great. It'll change your life. ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loves a BRAZILLIAN I used to get them until I lost my job It's a must for the wedding lol I might do the bling Lol
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thedivavthedivav member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    It's scary the first but the lady doing it was calm and helped me to calm down It hurts but if you take an Advil before hand it helps You want to make sure u follow the after care instructions
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes! Brazillians are awesome. We need them. Men love them. I would suggest getting one 3 or 4 months before the wedding. Then you can go about 3 days prior to your wedding for touch ups. You don't want to be traumatized that close to your wedding night. It's painful but you get over it. Take a painkiller about an hour before. Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards