African American Weddings
Options

Bridesmaid War.... Update!!

So with 49 days to go, 1 of my BM's dropped out!!  I'm not even sad about it, and to some extent I'm a little relieved. All the drama surrounded around her and if she's gonna drop out because she didnt like what another BM wrote to her then oh well. I can't stand ppl that love to broadcast how they're a "grown a** woman" but act likie they're in highschool. ugh! I'm so over that crap....
The real messed up thing is I'm one of her BM's in August!
imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Bridesmaid War.... Update!!

• Options
    Oh no! So are you guys still cool? Did she drop out more because of the other BM and not you? Are you still going to be in her wedding? Well hope its smooth sailing from here with the drama removed!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that! It's interesting how "grown a** women" can't put their feelings aside just for a moment. Or just step back and say, "wait, this isn't about me". Maybe she will come to her senses. I mean I am sure she has the dress already, she will probably think of what a waste it will be and also the fact that you are in her upcoming wedding?!?!?! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I feel for you. It would be really hard for me to be in her wedding if she bailed on me for mine.  But that's just me!

I hope everything works out.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options

If she is as "grown" as she claims to be, then why does she feel it necessary to remind people so often? I hope everything works out for you. In the short time that  I have been engaged, I have learned that weddings can bring out the worst in some people. Do you think she is still expecting you to be a part of her wedding party after she left you hanging???

The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridesmaid-war-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:6509c6e3-052d-45dd-9def-1ea3bc3f65e8Post:7399015f-a9a9-46b5-812c-768913a18e21">Re: Bridesmaid War.... Update!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel for you.<strong> It would be really hard for me to be in her wedding if she bailed on me for mine. </strong> But that's just me! I hope everything works out.
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I'm going over it over and over in my head. Part of me wants to just say forget it, you bailed on me so why should I make that extra effort to be in yours. But another part of me is saying, I spent $200 on my BM dress that could've went towards my own wedding, and I'm spiteful in a way to show her what loyalty REALLY looks like.
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridesmaid-war-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:6509c6e3-052d-45dd-9def-1ea3bc3f65e8Post:1086a4a8-53c9-4110-80e6-082a061e4dd9">Re: Bridesmaid War.... Update!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridesmaid War.... Update!! : Trust me, I'm going over it over and over in my head. Part of me wants to just say forget it, you bailed on me so why should I make that extra effort to be in yours. But another part of me is saying, I spent $200 on my BM dress that could've went towards my own wedding, and I'm spiteful in a way to show her what loyalty REALLY looks like.
    Posted by ChocolateFlav17[/QUOTE]

Is there anyway you can a have heart to heart talk with her? Do you think it would help?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I couldnt bring myself to be in hers after she dropped out of mine.  sorry.  $200 bucks lost.  Id chop up the dress and re-use it before I stayed in her wedding....My spiteful behind would wait till less than 2 months ta go to do it to... But, thats the evil in me I guess.... smh
    You doing the right thing...

On the flip side..  less drama is always better.  Is she going to still attend the wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards