Not Engaged Yet

What are you doing New Years Eve?

What are you lovely ladies up to? Last year BF and I did the whole dress up, go out, open bar, hotel room package. It was okay. The weather was relatively mild, so that made it better. But it was just the two of us and it wasn't really like a date. It was like clubbing in college with a bunch of strangers. 

This year I'm pretty sure we're just going to a friends house party/bonfire. No fancy outfits, just jeans, sweaters, some music and some chicken wings (rumor has it the boys are going to have a wing off! Yay for chicken wings)! Much more low key. And I'm way more excited! 

So what are your plans? And here's a cute video making the rounds on tumblr. But if you find Zooey Deschanel annoying, don't click. Though Joseph Gordon Levitt is very nice eye candy (what can I say, he does it for me)!

Re: What are you doing New Years Eve?

• FI and I and a couple of friends are going to a bar near our house. They have an all-you-can-drink package and a shuttle that will bring you home at the end of the night. Should be fun!

I saw that Zooey video earlier this week. I love it!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• BF and I are going to a nearby bar with a few other couples. It's a $10 cover, discounted drinks, and all you can eat Chinese food buffet. What a way to kick off the last night before everyone starts new diets!!

I'm excited. It's not fancy, but it will be fun and laid back and that is all I require :)

• [QUOTE]FI and I and a couple of friends are going to a bar near our house. <strong>They have an all-you-can-drink package and a shuttle that will bring you home at the end of the night</strong>. Should be fun! I saw that Zooey video earlier this week. I love it!!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

That is so cool! I wonder if there are any bars around here that do that? That would be so awesome!

[QUOTE]We will be staying home, drinking champagne and watching either a bunch of movies or deciding on a new series to watch streaming from Netflix. <strong>My bunny slippers are going to be the fanciest part of my outfit.
    </strong>Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

This sounds a lot like my NYE plans... Except I'm going to be wearing NY Jets slippers I got for Christmas. :-)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_doing-new-years-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b955ddb1-7565-4d7c-8fec-b0a639b4139ePost:0b467cb3-ce16-4193-bbbf-2914eeacaf92">Re: What are you doing New Years Eve?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I and a couple of friends are going to a bar near our house. They have an all-you-can-drink package and a shuttle that will bring you home at the end of the night. Should be fun! I saw that Zooey video earlier this week. I love it!!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

What bar?  It's probably a little far from H and I, but as of now, we don't have any plans, so I'm considering all options.
    Anniversary
  • YAY for bunny slippers! Everyone's plans sound great. And Jemmini, don't feel bad about not having plans. 3 days ago I was sitting around wondering what I was doing. 5 years ago I would have started planning for NYE in July! Haha, how things change!
  • Andrew is working. Poop. But we had an awesome New Years last year...apparently tne NYE kiss was so awesome it will work for the rest of our lives!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kissing_traditions

This year I'll be having a nice dinner with my co-worker and his wife and itty bitty adorable babies- 5 months and 21 months....Squee. SOO Freaking cute! I dont think we'll be hanging out until midnight... I'll probably be in bed by then. In fact...I think I'll celebrate with Liv and her BF via gchat...and it will be about 10 PM in Colorado...that will work just fine! ;)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • BF and I are going out to see his family :) And we're celebrating his birthday (he just turned 21) since his family didn't get to celebrate earlier this month!
  • Every year for the past 4 years or so, FI's best friend throws a NYE bash at her place. She provides most of the booze, cheap champagne for the toast, and an ungodly amount of food, plus I serve up my (now famous) 7 layer dip. The best part is we live within walking distance from her apartment, so last year and this year, we didn't/don't have to worry about one of us being sober enough to drive home, and we always offer our living room to friends who need a place to crash (FI's friend lets people stay too; we are very responsible). What I love more is New Year's Day. Because we go to IHOP for breakfast :) it's a new tradition we established 2 years ago. Yum pancakes!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • We are going to my parents' house for their anual NYE party. This year's theme is Mad Men/ Rat Pack and there will be plenty of champagne and martinis flowing all night long as we listen to the delightful sounds of Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and the other greats of the 60's :) Should be a blast!

Also, we bought a giant 1.5L botle of Champange at Sam's club! :)

I still need to figure out what to wear! (you can look at August 2006 on TN if you wanna seem my options)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are just going to a supper club down the road from our house for dinner then heading home to watch movies. We're lame!

• edited December 2011
    BF is having a few of our friends over for a party pretty low key but it should be fun.  At least I don't have to work NYE and won't be tired. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

Anniversary

• As of right now, we'll be chilling on the couch, watching TV and drinking.

NYE KUI thread anyone?

New Years day, we're going into Philly to watch the Mummer's Parade, and hang out at a friends house with lots of food and booze. I'm pretty excited about that.
  • csousa and CCO, your plans both sound SO fun! 

BF and I were supposed to go out with his parents but his mom got really sick last night (just a bad cold but she definitely is not up for going out to dinner like we planned) so we're going to go to this cool specialty burger place for dinner.  We probably won't be out/up super late because he has to sing at church tomorrow, but I'm hoping for a Chuck marathon tomorrow during the day :)
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • BF is working at the FD and my son is with his Dad.  I am going to one of my best friends house who is having a party.  Her and her hubby made a shiit ton of jello shots and then she took a pregnancy test this morning because she's late and she's pregnant!  I am way excited for them because they have been trying for a year for another baby!  Also, that means more jello shots for me!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards