Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

OL Tuesday

Dear Knotties,
Took care of two big checks this morning (literally and figuratively)... videographer and officiant. YAY! Now I can take my business trip to OK with ease. :)
-Relieved

Re: OL Tuesday

• Dear cwaggoner,
    Congrats on the checks!
    - Amy -

Dear Project,
    I wish I hadn't spend the first hours of my morning working on you.  I feel no closer to accomplishing what I needed to get done by 9:00 AM today than before I started working on this last night.  I have other things on my mind that I'd rather devote my time to.
    - Tired Student -
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Dear Photographer, I really wish you would READ my emails instead of: **asking me questions I've already answered for you **not making all of the changes I asked you to Love, Ready to Be Done with This Bride PS-yea Carrie! Congrats...I know it always felt so good to cross thatnstuff off the list.
  • Dear noisy FI,

Thanks for waking me up on my day off with your big clunky feet on the treadmill and door slamming. Is it that hard to pick up your damn feet?  Do you really have to come back in the house 5 times opening that loud skeeky garage door before finally leaving for work?

I'm really glad I can vent here about it..lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Dear FI,
    So very excited that you will be here tomorrow night for 5 days! Ready for a weekend of clothes shopping for you and watching MSU Basketball :)

Dear self,
    Keep working on the outfit planning.... you are NOT taking 3 suitcases on the cruise again.

Dear Knotties,
    Halfway through step 2 of like 15 on 125 invitations... Lord beer me strength :-P

Dear Sutton (Lying Game),
    YOU SUCK. STOP RUINING EMMA'S LIFE.
    And Ethan- MAN UP!
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Dear Kristan,
    I like that typo.  I think it is placed well.
    <3, Amanda

Dear Knotties,
    Andy finally agrees with me that this house we've liked since last October is The One and he's going in to make an offer.  It's way overpriced, though, so who knows if they'll accept what we want to pay.

Dear coworker,
    I know you don't have a social filter, and I've gotten used to your random inappropriate and/or rude comments, but really?  Asking me to rearrange my calendar?  As though I somehow, magically, can have all 500 Biology students prepared for a test just because you want an easy day on the day you're covering someone's class for science camp.  ALSO, didn't you let a kid SKIP my test last year because he needed to go paint sets or something equally NOT important?

And dear coworker the second,
    Please, please, please, PLEASE read over a study guide once in a while so you know what you need to teach your kids.  I didn't spend my entire summer writing curriculum for you to not do your job and then complain to me that the work I did is just not good enough.
    Anniversary

• Dear person on FB, 
    I get you are mad your H had an affair. I don't think the way to handle that is to plaster one of her E-pics all over your wall and tell her name,alma mater and city of residence and telll your friends to message her. 
    -Two wrongs don't make a right.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:68defa94-1525-4d08-8531-368e790dcfc5">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear person on FB,  I get you are mad your H had an affair. I don't think the way to handle that is to plaster one of her E-pics all over your wall and tell her name,alma mater and city of residence and telll your friends to message her.  -Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

This makes me cringe. So awful. :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:68defa94-1525-4d08-8531-368e790dcfc5">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear person on FB,  I get you are mad your H had an affair. I don't think the way to handle that is to plaster one of her E-pics all over your wall and tell her name,alma mater and city of residence and telll your friends to message her.  -Two wrongs don't make a right.

<div>Yeesh.</div><div>
    </div><div>Amanda,</div><div>I think the Lord needs to beer you some strength as well. You sure you don't wanna come to the G2G Thursday? ;)</div><div><3, Kristan</div>
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Dear fellow student, 
    I am using all my strength not to rudely reply to your three requests for me to be angry over the teachers placement of an exam on the saturday before or during spring break. Because the class "is so demanding and you just want to relax". I all I want to reply to you is "TIME MANAGEMENT" and nothing else. 
    -annoyed student

Dear Naptime, 
    Is it time for you yet? I got my 8 hours...I don't know why I'm so sleepy. 
    -Zombie knottie.
  • Kristan,
    I was contemplating it, but Thursday is Open House, so I probably won't even be home until 8:30.  =(  We'll (several teachers and I) will probably be grabbing something afterward, so I'll toast to y'all!
    Anniversary

• crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:ffaf7f62-eb9a-4c70-8146-f0e39586d193">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kristan, I was contemplating it, but Thursday is <strong>Open House</strong>, so I probably won't even be home until 8:30.  =(  We'll (several teachers and I) will probably be grabbing something afterward, so I'll toast to y'all!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

<div>Amanda, 
    I thought open house usually happened much earlier in the year? 
    I could be wrong though, maybe I'm thinking of meet-the-teacher night. 
    It's been a long time since I've been to a school with an open house.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:3e404e73-dd69-40ee-8a7a-d608a55f3d3c">OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Knotties, Took care of two big checks this morning (literally and figuratively)... videographer and officiant. YAY! Now I can take my business trip to OK with ease. :) -Relieved
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>YAY!!  Those are very big checks!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dear Happy Hour,

You were a terrible idea.  I am too old to drink and come into work in the morningtime. Someone please turn the lights off and lets all have quiet time.

Thank you,

Hangover
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:68defa94-1525-4d08-8531-368e790dcfc5">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:

Yikes! FB is not the place to air dirty laundry. I wish people would figure that one out. That kind of thing is best handled in private.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:f567671c-691a-4e88-bd7b-22930562f3fe">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Yikes! FB is not the place to air dirty laundry. <strong>I wish people would figure that one out.</strong> That kind of thing is best handled in private.
    Posted by ktwed1[/QUOTE]
    I know. The sad thing is that she has kids that are of the age to be on FB. 
    Then the girl (mistress) has now taken down her FB page. 
    It takes two to tango, maybe these people need to be messaging the H.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:9dba66a6-5ca3-44ca-aed2-c7b82c82d7fa">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Amanda,  I thought open house usually happened much earlier in the year?  I could be wrong though, maybe I'm thinking of meet-the-teacher night.  It's been a long time since I've been to a school with an open house.

Yes.  We have one in the fall and one in the spring.  It's a little silly, but lots of kids do get schedule changes.  I have a whole new class this semester because I dropped one of my honors classes and took on an on-level. 
    Anniversary

• aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:f567671c-691a-4e88-bd7b-22930562f3fe">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Yikes! FB is not the place to air dirty laundry. I wish people would figure that one out. That kind of thing is best handled in private.
    Posted by ktwed1[/QUOTE]
    THIS. I even see people who air dirty laundry quite often post things like "I wish people would mind their own business rather than putting stuff all over facebook." True story. Just worse grammar. <div>
    </div><div>Dear work,</div><div>You gave your board members multi-million dollar bonuses. Yet you no longer want to provide coffee for your workers? Well watch my already dwindling productivity drop. </div><div>
    Sincerely,</div><div>Disgruntled employee who struggles to pay her student loans while working three jobs and just needs some damn coffee every once-in-a-while.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:12c01657-ac34-4777-a4d0-7720899753d7">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Yes.  We have one in the fall and one in the spring.  It's a little silly,<strong> but lots of kids do get schedule changes</strong>.  I have a whole new class this semester because I dropped one of my honors classes and took on an on-level. 
    I didn't think about that. <div>That makes sense now.</div>
  • It is almost a guarantee that people that write in their bio 'I HATE DRAMA' typically love the drama.
    I genuinely hate drama, but it's too much of a pain to actually make that a part of my acutal bio.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:885ee2f3-ebff-47ec-8652-c1d7b52198e0">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : THIS. I even see people who air dirty laundry quite often post things like "I wish people would mind their own business rather than putting stuff all over facebook." True story. Just worse grammar.  Dear work, You gave your board members multi-million dollar bonuses. Yet you no longer want to provide coffee for your workers? Well watch my already dwindling productivity drop.  Sincerely, Disgruntled employee who struggles to pay her student loans while working three jobs and just needs some damn coffee every once-in-a-while.
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

I appreciate my college education greatly, as it has provided for me nicely, but I LOATHE student loans. It is DH and I's thought that the greatest gift we can give to his son, is to pay for college. Sadly, we already have more saved for him than my entire college education cost me. Granted, that was like a million moons ago, and it scares me to think of what his education will actually cost!
  • Ugh.  My student loans are such a beast.  I recently got my car paid down to less than what I owe in loans, despite paying on the loans for about two more years, just because the stupid interest is so high.  H and I agreed last night that as soon as we set up our new bank account, we're going to see about consolidating our loans so we can a) just make one lump payment a month and b) get a better interest rate.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:12c01657-ac34-4777-a4d0-7720899753d7">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Yes.  We have one in the fall and one in the spring.  It's a little silly, but lots of kids do get schedule changes.  I have a whole new class this semester because I dropped one of my honors classes and took on an on-level. 

It's also because it's Texas Public Schools Week (or maybe that's next week).  Anyways, we canceled our spring one two years ago, because there would be 20 parents and we were just standing around for an hour and a half. 

Dear Kristan,
    Sutton is a jerk.  I'm at school so I can't use bad language.  I hope she gets what's coming to her.

Dear Rebecca (Lying Game),
    You may be the conductor of the crazy train.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:86a29032-2b19-44fc-b6da-bf49e21f946f">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is almost a guarantee that people that write in their bio 'I HATE DRAMA' typically love the drama. I genuinely hate drama, but it's too much of a pain to actually make that a part of my acutal bio.

I agree with you on that one, those people tend to thrive on drama. Like you I hate drama have no time for drama. It's so funny cause my youngest daughter is 17 and yep Drama every day! UGHHHH!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:9c0880ca-8739-4a69-8b36-5ed16efc7171">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : I agree with you on that one, those people tend to thrive on drama. Like you I hate drama have no time for drama. It's so funny cause my youngest daughter is 17 and yep Drama every day! UGHHHH!!!
    Posted by ktwed1[/QUOTE]

Oh, don't you know? Teenage girls don't live off of food and water, they live off makeup and drama. :)
  • Dear self,
    Congratulations on accomplishing all the thank you notes for your gifts this past weekend, now if only vistaprint would hurry with the return labels.

Dear Kindle,
    You and I have a date tonight with the elliptical so that I can start Catching Fire; I breezed through The Hunger Games so quick, that I think this series is just what I need to get through some cardio without realizing where time has gone.

~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:733056eb-89be-4d46-96f4-1f826b5ef1d0">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : It's also because it's Texas Public Schools Week (or maybe that's next week).  Anyways, we canceled our spring one two years ago, because there would be 20 parents and we were just standing around for an hour and a half.  Dear Kristan, Sutton is a jerk.  I'm at school so I can't use bad language.  <strong>I hope she gets what's coming to her</strong>. Dear Rebecca (Lying Game), You may be the <strong>conductor of the crazy train</strong>.
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

<div>Dear Julie,</div><div>I'm sure she will, but I bet it won't be during next week's winter finale. BOO!</div><div>
    </div><div>And Rebecca... holy geez. I knew she was off, but THAT picture in the locket?! WHHAAAAT?</div><div>
    </div><div>Dear Knotties,</div><div>I'm ready to be off work so I can go home and watch last night's Bachelor while working on my invites. Although from what I'm discerning from my friends I may want to throw things at my TV while watching it- not unlike last week's episode!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:8bc1bceb-d6fe-4743-841c-45944136a70b">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Oh, don't you know? Teenage girls don't live off of food and water, they live off makeup and drama. :)

Oh I know it! Went throught a little bit of that with my oldest daughter. Good thing she is a little more like me and doesn't tolerate it well. But like most teenage girls it manages to follow them.
  • Dear FI,
    This week when I have a special diet, please remember this and dont' ask for food to be made every hour when I have to make 2 different meals already. And don't forget about leftovers when you are starving after your workouts. 

Your 5 meals a day cook =)

Dear Kitty

Stop liking my FI more than me...I found you first!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:01388b79-48a0-4542-827f-2baa87f74acf">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Dear Julie, I'm sure she will, but I bet it won't be during next week's winter finale. BOO! And Rebecca... holy geez. I knew she was off, but THAT picture in the locket?! WHHAAAAT? Dear Knotties, <strong>I'm ready to be off work so I can go home and watch last night's Bachelor</strong> while working on my invites. Although from what I'm discerning from my friends I may want to throw things at my TV while watching it- not unlike last week's episode!
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]
    I'm so sad that I thought I had it on season pass on the new system. <div>I did not and I have sads. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ce4f00a-fb5d-4e46-b370-82311ef956f0Post:43d9f18c-e2be-4cd2-9b59-fe77dcf30013">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : I'm so sad that I thought I had it on season pass on the new system.  I did not and I have sads. 

<div>Yeah, I thought it would be on onDemand by now... and it isn't!!! So instead I'm watching the new episode of Smash from Monday. So far I really like this series :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Dear random middle school/high school classmate I just ran into at Half Price Books,</div><div>Thank you for being just like me: just graduated, living at home, looking for a job. This makes me feel much less hopeless :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards