Wedding Party

NWR: Idiots in the workplace

I'm cranky with work people today.  I posted for a job out of and above my department and, after my second interview last week, was told I would hear back by the middle of this week.  I haven't heard back, which indicates to me that the position has been offered to someone else, and they're waiting for that someone else to accept before telling the rest of the candidates that we suck.  So...I hate everyone at work today.  Let's talk badly about our co-workers. 

Overheard:
"This client keeps insisting that his bank is open on Monday because he's in Canada.  Um, hello?  We're on the same continent, we have the same holidays.  Idiot." 

And...this is why I'm trying to post out of the department. 

Re: NWR: Idiots in the workplace

• Oh Mel, I'm sorry. Maybe after lunch you can explain to that person how it can possibly be winter in Chile when it's summer up there.

I'm frustrated with a coworker too. He's just not pulling his weight on a project we're doing. Our boss knows it, and I'm not in danger of any kind of retribution from this, but it's just annoying - I'm basically having to babysit someone who is older than I am, has been working here longer than I have and makes more money than I do but forcing him to sit in a conference room with me so that he actually works.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nwr-idiots-workplace?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:c9b7f975-d63a-4e0f-9ab8-00bf7355b842Post:9c99241f-5069-444d-8f8e-cadc4e819529">Re: NWR: Idiots in the workplace</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Oh Mel, I'm sorry. Maybe after lunch you can explain to that person how it can possibly be winter in Chile when it's summer up there.</strong> I'm frustrated with a coworker too. He's just not pulling his weight on a project we're doing. Our boss knows it, and I'm not in danger of any kind of retribution from this, but it's just annoying - I'm basically having to babysit someone who is older than I am, has been working here longer than I have and makes more money than I do but forcing him to sit in a conference room with me so that he actually works.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

Her head would positively explode. 

Your coworker sucks more, though.  The stupidity of my coworker doesn't result in additional work for me.  She does contribute at times, however, to additional post work cocktails for me.  Sometimes the brain needs to forget what it's seen, you know. 
  • While Canada and the US are in the same continent, they are two entirely different countries and they have different holidays. Some are the same but others are different.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nwr-idiots-workplace?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:c9b7f975-d63a-4e0f-9ab8-00bf7355b842Post:02eeb4f5-18cf-4430-a9e2-776fdbddb66b">Re: NWR: Idiots in the workplace</a>:
    [QUOTE]While Canada and the US are in the same continent, they are two entirely different countries and they have different holidays. Some are the same but others are different.
    Posted by rainedrop6[/QUOTE]

You know that only Mel's coworker doesn't know this, right? The rest of us were pretty clear on that one.
  • I think I'd rather deal with stupid people than the irritating ones I get to enjoy every single day. There is one guy who laughs constantly at stupid sh!t, smells like a mix of BO and onions, and walks around with disgusting white...stuff....on his shoulders that I can only assume comes from his hair.

Worse yet, he thinks he's God's gift to writing and can do no wrong, and I'm the lucky one who gets to double-check and fix his work because no one ever tells him he sucks. He's one of those "let me show you how smart I am with my big words and historic references--aren't I oh-so-clever" types you jsut want to punch in the mouth.

Whew, I feel a little better after typing that.
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    If it makes you feel any better, I work in insurance and we had a customer call up looking to cancel his homeowners policy written through Lloyd's of London because (direct quote) "Between 9/11 and this oil spill bullsh!t, I don't want those French bastards stealing anymore of my money".

::head desk::

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards