Wedding Etiquette Forum

Saturday Night

Re: Saturday Night

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:5855b04d-fcb4-419a-ae70-2f0165ef1d76">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Yaz helped me skin too.</strong>  That was about all the good it did me.  Fucking devil pill.  I know it's really awesome for some people though.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I see that side effect of talking like a leprechaun hasn't gone away yet though.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Or maybe that's a side effect of the heart attack.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:0b3242dd-4f67-40ac-b79d-15cfdf20ebf1">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night : I'll agree with you that if it's someone who posts more regularly on E and the flame is from another board about them, fine.  But the ones that are "I flame that random poster on WP who thought her BM's were her slaves" are just dumb to me.  
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of those, either. They mean nothing to me and usually they aren't interesting enough for me to even want to look for the thread.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:05a20ad0-dc82-47e1-a3a4-383c9edba208">Re:Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]They dohave awesome coconut yoghurt with cultures and stuff. Give it a try! It's total yummy!
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

Where might I find this?  My choices aside from normal grocery stores that definitely don't have it (I've looked to see what my other options are) are....Trader Joe's, and that's it.  Ha.

I wish I could chart without being terrified to do it.  It would be nice to ditch condoms.  Charting scares the bejeezus out of me though.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to Re:Saturday Night:[QUOTE]angelstar, I noticed my libido dropped off after I started a new kind of pill last year, but it wasn't Yaz. I've since started a new one in hopes that it will fix it... forgive me for asking a personal question, but are you completely off the pill now because you couldn't find one that didn't do that to your libido, or for another reason? I know that's a super personal question, so you def don't have to answer if you don't want to, just curious since I'm going through something similar. Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I went off. I tried 3 or 4 different ones with no success and I read that that it can become permanent so I just went off it. It's definitely a lot better now, but not exactly what it used to be... But that could also be because I'm not a horny teenager anymore, haha.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:e9fcadce-c0af-4cdc-bbfc-153b410dde59">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night : I see that side effect of talking like a leprechaun hasn't gone away yet though.   Or maybe that's a side effect of the heart attack.  
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

HA!  I seriously laughed out loud.  I do that all the time. 

I'm pretty sure the side effect of talkign like a leprechaun is from the Accutane.  None of the rest of those side effects have gone away yet.

• In Response to Re:Saturday Night:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night:In Response to Re: Saturday Night : I see that side effect of talking like a leprechaun hasn't gone away yet though. nbsp; Or maybe that's a side effect of the heart attack. nbsp;Posted by Beachy730HA!nbsp; I seriously laughed out loud.nbsp; I do that all the time.nbsp; I'm pretty sure the side effect of talkign like a leprechaun is from the Accutane.nbsp; None of the rest of those side effects have gone away yet. Posted by JK10910[/QUOTE]

How long have you been off and what side effects do you have leftover, if you don't mind me asking?
  • I don't think I want to chart.  At least not for a while of TTC.  I've been off the pill for like 3 months now and just mark down when my period starts.  So far I've been almost completely regular since going off.  J if you need my BC secrets let me know.  It's fool proof.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:d9c4f572-0d0c-4cb9-b6e0-9a7dd07d73b4">Re:Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Saturday Night: How long have you been off and what side effects do you have leftover, if you don't mind me asking?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

8 years (holy shiit)... decreased night vision, joint pain, insomnia (though the insomnia is not NEARLY as bad as it was when I was on it), dry skin/lips, increased scarring, thinned skin.

Holy shiit, you guys, RG3 is terrifying looking.  He's even scarier when he smiles. 

• I would love your BC secrets.  If it involves having a deployed H though, I'm out.

• It's disheartening to hear that trying a different pill didn't work for you. Thanks for your honesty. I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed that maaaaybe this one will work, but if it doesn't, knowing what you went through, I probably will just go off it.
  • Chart and use condoms for the first few months. And, I kid you not, follow a moon calendar. Your uterus and the moon are on 28 day schedules. Totally cool to know you can be in sync with that moon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to Re:Saturday Night:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Saturday Night:In Response to Re:Saturday Night: How long have you been off and what side effects do you have leftover, if you don't mind me asking?Posted by angelstar9758 years holy shiit... decreased night vision, joint pain, insomnia though the insomnia is not NEARLY as bad as it was when I was on it, dry skin/lips, increased scarring, thinned skin.Holy shiit, you guys, RG3 is terrifying looking.nbsp; He's even scarier when he smiles.nbsp; Posted by JK10910[/QUOTE]

Wow that's a long time. Sorry you still have side effects. I've been off a year and a half and luckily nothing stuck around. I didnt get many side effects to begin with though, fortunately.
  • And I get the yoghurt from health food stores. Maybe you can convince your local grocery store or TJs to carry it?
  • I love RG3's hair. I have a soft spot for dreads. Instant heart melt. And hes smart. But I should keep an eye out for the creepy smile.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:09b0d881-0f27-42b2-be7c-354989339208">Re:Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Saturday Night: Wow that's a long time. Sorry you still have side effects. I've been off a year and a half and luckily nothing stuck around. I didnt get many side effects to begin with though, fortunately.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was one of the unlucky ones.  I went off 3 months into it because of side effects.  I was a complete disaster. 

Oooh, we do have one local health food store.  I keep meaning to go there because they're supposed to have a lot of GF stuff.  I should check there. 

• My local grocery has soy yogurt that's pretty good, my FI loves them. I do get my favorite from a health food store but that's just because the only soy flavors in the normal grocery are strawberry and peach but I don't like those flavors for yogurt. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:aadb586c-5d5f-42cb-921c-d925336309fe">Re:Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love RG3's hair. I have a soft spot for dreads. Instant heart melt. And hes smart. But I should keep an eye out for the creepy smile.
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just the shot of him that this show has (it's a show on the top 10 draft classes), but damn, he was looking creepy. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:547883ee-e826-4640-9447-5d21d4ea52f8">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would love your BC secrets.  If it involves having a deployed H though, I'm out.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Eff.  How about just sending him away each month during your fertile myrtle time?  I have plenty of blue jobs around the house that I could fill his time with if you want to send him this way.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:f32dec39-7315-42fc-bfba-37fd0789a00e">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]My local grocery has soy yogurt that's pretty good, my FI loves them. I do get my favorite from a health food store but that's just because the only soy flavors in the normal grocery are strawberry and peach but I don't like those flavors for yogurt. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

Oh, I have seen the soy stuff, but I try to stay away from soy too. 

• What's wrong with soy? 
  • Soy is full of GMO. I try to avoid it if it's not organic. We use almond milk here. It tastes better too. And soy rarely. I use a lot of nuts and leafy greens in my diet.
  • Hi and Bye, Eagles!

Aryn, it's been linked to thyroid issues, and I have a family history of thyroid problems, and I've had a borderline test result in the past.

• edited April 2012
    Mind blown. I mostly just use soy milk for cooking or in my coffee so I could easily switch to almond milk but I love my tofu. And my soy cheese. 

I can understand why you'd avoid it though JK. My health food store just switched to coconut yogurts, maybe this is why. 
  • EAGLES!!!! Yeah, coconut milk is awesome. And great for you. "ancient wonder food" like avocado and goji berries. I won't bore you with more hippy chatter.
  • My main gripe with almond milk vs regular milk is the lack of comparable protein.  Waahh.

• Nicki, do you use natural toothpaste?  I've been considering a switch, but I'm scared because I heard they all taste like crap.  I'm sure there are some that don't, but I don't even know where to start.

• Funny toothpaste story time! So I was Dating a vegan in college, and he had Toms toothpaste. I went to use it, and it was DISGUSTING. vomit worthy gross. Turns out, it was Toms Shaving cream. Same type of tube. Same type of paste comes out. 8 years later, I can't get past that experience. So no. We use non animal testing regular toothpaste like normal humans do.
  • Well damn it.  I thought I could count on you!

• I would think a good almond milk should be fortified.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:f6f5e1e8-42f3-44de-86b5-b92cfcf1a7f3">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would think a good almond milk should be fortified.
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

I'll have to look a little more.  The couple my normal store stocks have a paltry 2-3g.  LAME.

Alright ladies, thanks for the fantastic conversation, as usual.  I'm off to bed.  Goodnight!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards