Massachusetts

Fall Reception sites in MA/New England

Ok ladies I am calling on you for some help here!!!!
 I want to get married this October and finding a unique fall reception site that doesn't cost and arm and a leg is proving to be a lil tough!!!
My dream wedding place is Old Sturbridge Village which is still in the running but due to the price the guest list has to be itty bitty so my challenge to all you future brides out there are ideas on places I could get married here in MA that still have that rustic New England fall feel....just for a smaller price tag!

Any ideas would be much appericiated!!!!
Thanks!
Jfabs

Re: Fall Reception sites in MA/New England

• edited December 2011
    Don't know how far you are willing to go
    Chocksett in Sterling, MA
    Wachusett Village Inn Princeton, MA
    Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort Hancock, MA
    Zukas Hilltop Barn Spencer, MA
    Big E Fairgrounds in W. Springfield
    Santarella Tyringham, MA (I think this is more what you are looking for)
    http://www.santarella.us/home.htm
    Don't know the prices.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • spreston21spreston21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend that got married at the Publick House in Sturbridge last year.  They haven't had anything but great things to say about the service they received on the day of their wedding. 
  • amandaleigh77amandaleigh77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend got married at Zuckas Hilltop Barn in Spencer in June and it was beautiful- Ican imagine what the fall must look like there! Not sure about cost.

I'm gettin hitched in Northampton at Look Park. It's beautiful! If you're looking to do something casual, you could always rent the ceremony space and then rent a pavillion in the park and get whatever food. If you want a bit more, there's the Garden House. Not sure what your price range is, but we found it affordable. Not dirt cheap, but not astronomical, either.

We also looked at Gedney Farm in Great Barrington. We loved it, but logistically it didn't work out for us. Beautiful, though!
  • edited December 2011

A few "different" spots I would look into would include:
    Race Brook Lodge
    Chesterwood
    Jiminy Peak
    Mass. MOCA

Happy planning!! I'm getting married in Washington, MA so if you choose the Berkshires let me know if you  need vendor recs!

• beamer84beamer84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Storrowton Village on the Big E grounds, with a reception at the Clarion Hotel in Northampton. Both are reasonably priced, and the Clarion's package covers a lot of things also (cake, dinner, centerpieces, etc). The wedding coordinator at each place is wonderful to work with.
  • landra310slandra310s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in October 2011 at Wachusett Village Inn (it's in Westminster not Princeton).  They have a gorgeous place that's great for fall weddings!  My runner up was Wachusett Mtn in Princeton.  You can get gorgeous photos there in the fall, but the Village Inn was more inclusive.  Prices are about the same but the Village Inn included so much more (like your cake and linnens. horse & carriage ride, chocolate fountain) and we wouldn't have to worry about getting to the hotel afterwards, so we are doing it there to eliminate all travel.  If that other stuff doesn't bother you, Wachusett Mtn would be a great choice.  During your cocktail hour you can ride the chair lift (plus all your guests) and take pics at the top of the mtn.  HOWEVER October is a big month for the Mtn, so they usually only book weddings there the 1st weekend of October (leaves usually aren't turned yet, late fall is better) because they have Apple Fest, Celtic Fest and many other things going on during the weekends in the fall. 
  • edited December 2011
    There is always the Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield. Awesome atmosphere! I wish I though of it when I began planning.

http://www.salemcrossinn.com/weddings.htm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 137 Were graced with the honor!
    image 64 Are ready to party!
    image 9 I do not have to feed!
    image 64 Are waiting till the last minute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards