Military Brides

Not Planning a Wedding and PCS!

Yay, as of yesterday I am only planning our "wedding" now!  On Monday my H asked to change his verbal orders from the hospital in Jacksonville to one here so he can stay with the marines and they wrote and posted his orders yesterday.  Now we don't have to move more than a few miles so we're not living with his old roommate anymore.  Two months has been enough of that lol.  Anyway just had to let someone know how excited about that I am.  The bad news...there are like zero jobs out here...I literally had to apply to be a gardener on base cause there is nothing else.  At least I can pre-occupy myself with wedding planning til I find something.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not Planning a Wedding and PCS!

• edited December 2011
    Yay very exciting! Congrats!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations on keeping him in Pittsburgh!  FYI, Marines is always capitalized.

If you need advice on job hunting, let me know.  I've done it a few times now :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Samantha175Samantha175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're actually originally from Pittsburgh but currently living in the wonderful desert of Twentynine Palms, CA :)  You may hear bad things about this place but we like it here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats.  I planned our wedding while also in the middle of dealing with the PCS and H's reenlistment.  He's in the Navy.  Lots of craziness in my world at once.  Everything is done now except the PCS.  We leave in 2 weeks.  I'm glad to have it all be done with, but the unfortunate thing is that the sooner we get to WA the sooner H will be deployed. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards