Outdoor Weddings
Options

Ceremony & Reception in same backyard??

Hi all! We have been planning to do out reception in my parents backyard which I am so excited about! We haven't been able to find anywhere we really want to hold the ceremony though so are considering doing them both in the backyard. There isn't enough room to have the reception tables & chairs set up while we have the ceremony (some of the space needs to be used for both ceremony & reception). Have any of you ever done this? Was it a weird transition? We will have the ceremony & then the wedding party will be off to take pictures (at a diff location) and we will hire help to rearrange everything for the reception immediately after the ceremony. There will be little space for the guests to go while this is happening but not a ton. I am just worried about it all going smoothly! Thanks!

Re: Ceremony & Reception in same backyard??

• Options
    We are getting married and having the recetion in our backyard. We are going to have the tables set up and after the ceremony the chairs will be moved to the tables for the guests. We need the chairs for the ceremony and then the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i'm thinking on the same thing. we just got engaged so we're pretty new to all the arrangements but until now the plans are to have both at my fiance's grandparents house as they have a pretty big backyard. 
    can you girls keep updating about how this is working so far?  
  • Options
    I am also doing something similar with the wedding ceremony and reception in the same place. Since it will be outdoors and there is a 30% chance of rain at that time of year everything may need to be under a tent so we will likely have guests sit at their spots at the tables. RIght now I am just hoping it will work out well! Please let me know as your weddings progress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards