Michigan-Grand Rapids

Kalamazoo bride 2 be needs advice

Hey ladies, I'm due to get married in July and I was wondering if anybody has any ideas about any parks in our area that could accomadate a small wedding.Since my mom has VFW hall rights she can book the recp hall, and my bff's man is a minister I was looking for an outdoor wedding. 
   Also, any ideas that are crafty for decor, my thoughts were bringing me to get some stuff from the valentines day section at the stores but I just wanted to get some more ideas!! Thanks a bunch!!!

Re: Kalamazoo bride 2 be needs advice

• edited December 2011
    Crane park on Westnedge can be really pretty when the flowers are in bloom. I had my engagement pics taken there during the summer.

The great thing about outdoor weddings is you don't need much decor. If you were referring to your reception, I would definitely hit up some post V-day sales at Michaels as long as you can find things that match your colors.

Happy Planning!

• jesusita2002jesusita2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I got married 3.5 years ago at the Sherman Lake YMCA in Augusta. I'm not sure where the VFW is located but we absolutely loved their outdoor Upjohn Mason Chapel. It's located on a little peninsula with a trelles and you can see part of the lake through the trees. Our wedding was in June and the greenery was already starting to creep up and through the trelles (I've since forgotten what kind of flowers/greenery it was...). Anyway, it is a little walk from the parking lot however they had golf carts available for those who were unable to do the walk. I don't have any pictures of the chapel on my computer currently but here is the link that has some small pictures.

http://www.shermanlakeymca.org/facilities_chapel.php

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard Celery Flats is nice too, forgot about that place. It's kind of out of the way of things but that could be nice.

• rockangel80rockangel80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
      @Amanda I haven't heard of that park, is it down town or is it more toward the Crossroads Mall area?
  • edited December 2011
    Crane Park is on Westnedge Hill right where Westnedge goes from one way to two way, it's on the east side of the road.

Celery Flats is south of the mall down where Westnedge splits off from Shaver Road. There's signs for it but I think it's also called Bicentennial Park (according to Google anyway)

• edited December 2011
    Theres also Milham Park. There's like a smaller secluded area to the North East that would be perfect for a wedding, with its own parking lot too, if I remember correctly (?)
  • rockangel80rockangel80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@Amanda okay, I think I've passed it many times when I have been out there. 
      @Tami, that was my other idea place, but nearby the waterfall.

• Wh15k3yG1rlWh15k3yG1rl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Scotts Mill Park is a nice little park. It has the mill right there for a really beautiful backdrop! Depending on where you are in Kalamazoo and which VFW you are talking about (Wouldn't be too far from the one on Sprinkle) that might work nicely!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards