Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception Centerpiece Ideas

I need some help! I'm getting married in a venue I absolutely love. But, I am unsure if I should definitely have the super tall centerpieces since the location has dramatically high ceilings. I just can't seem to find anything that I am crazy about and also won't cost me an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

Re: Reception Centerpiece Ideas

• Options
    I think with very high ceilings that doing tall CPs or candleabras would look really nice. I did the eiffel tower CPs for my wedding and they ended up being fairly inexpensive.  I bought the vases themselves off another bride and all the flowers I bought at the end of seasons at craft stores when they were on sale.  PIB
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Are you planning on doing them yourself or having your florist do them for you? Our florist did ours for us.

Our reception venue did not have tall ceilings nor could we have afford the tall, dramatic centerpieces. The ones we had were about an 8 inch cylindrical vase with a submerged rose in the bottom and a floating candle on top. I bought mirrors at Hobby Lobby to put them on so they would give a nice reflection. Then I scattered sequins and fake rose petals in our wedding colors down the length of the tables.
  • Options
    I've seen low centerpieces before and still admired the tall ceiling.  I don't think it's a necessity.  When the centerpieces are tall I do prefer that they not be bulky, though, so that I can see those across from me at the table.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards