Massachusetts-Boston

Bridal survival kit?

I'm starting to put together a bridal survival kit for my best friends wedding (we are each others maid of honors and are getting married a couple of months apart so we figured we could make a survival kit both of us could use).  For any of those brides out there that already tied the knot can you give me any hints on what you actually used and found helpful?  I know if you look at a lot of them they seem to have EVERYTHING in them, will I really need all of that stuff?  Is there anything you guys forgot and wish you added? 
Thanks in advance for any help or insight people can give me!

Re: Bridal survival kit?

• edited December 2011
    I made one for my sister, and we didn't use all of these things, but the items I thought were most important:

Band-aids (you never know when your shoes might rub you, or a bridesmaids, the wrong way.)
    Nail file-- I HATE a rough nail that snags on everything
    Safety pins, including a large one in case a bustle breaks
    Bobby pins
    Granola bar or other snack

Maybe some of those Wisps or the individual flosser things, plus gum or mints. I have heard of girls saving the day with stuff to clean their dress (seltzer, tide spray, etc) but that really depends on the fabric of your gown, so I don't know.
  • cdlnmfcdlnmf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding once and someones strappy shoe broke in the wedding party and they were really glad to have a few zip ties around. Random but I guess you never know!
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the tums, advil, safety and bobby pins in mine. I didn't use the other stuff. But I have it in my for sale bio if you want!
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made kits that included:

tic tacs
    hershey kisses or tootsie rolls (if you need a little dose of sugar)
    safety pins (needed to hold up my dress when my bustle broke)
    bobby pins for flyaways
    chalk if you dress gets a mark or stain on it
    chap stick
    band aids for your heels/feet
    travel pack of tissues
    travel size nail file

These are things that I considered to be remotely necessary, I left the more "maybe" stuff for the bathroom baskets. 
  • edited December 2011
    I googled bridal emergency kit and got tons of ideas.  I made one for my sister last year and it's been passed down to all the brides after her.  I don't remember exactly what we put in it, but we went to the Christmas Tree Shops and had fun in the travel toiletry section.  It ended up being $25 for a totally packed kit.
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • pretzelgrrlpretzelgrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fo my friend I made one that had--
    breath mints
    safety pins 
    bobby pins 
    band aids for your heels/feet
    travel pack of tissues
    travel size nail file
    sample advil (meaning only 2 so they were easy to fit in small makeup bag)
    sample tums 
    sample benadryl

Not sure what was needed but all of these were appreciated just in case stuff 
    Small hairspray in bathroom kit :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    the only thing that i really needed to use out of mine was a shout wipe.  my mom pricked her finger pinning on my something old and ended up getting a tiny spot of blood on the back of my dress (which of course was the end of the world for a few minutes) but my MOH saved the day with a shout wipe.

oh and i had a wicked cold, so decongestants and dayquil were a neccessity as well  :)

...hello out there!
    imageimage
    dx with anovulatory PCOS 2005
    off bcp 11/11
    2 rounds of clomid and 1 round of femara... no response.
    injectables/IUI 12/12... BFN
    02/13 IVF cycle converted down to IUI due to low follicle response.... everything crossed for that BFP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards