Missouri-Kansas City

Ideas on a Downtown KC Location? :-)

I'm looking for a unique (but affordable) ceremony/reception venue in downtown KC ... any suggestions???Smile

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ideas on a Downtown KC Location? :-)

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the Vox Theatre? I think they're pretty affordable and they just remodeled and it's beautiful inside!

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    The piligrim chapel, the unitarian chapel on the plaza, the cashew, the berg event space.  Those are what come to mind.  There is a Kansas city bride magazine that in the back has venues and their approximate cost.  I got one from my photographer but it was after i had booked everything.  
  • edited December 2011

The Terrace on Grand, The Town Pavilion are a couple of others that I can think of right now.  The KC bridal magizine was very helpful for me in narrowing down the venues.

Good Luck!

• edited December 2011
    I considered Club 1000 and the Uptown Theatre when I was looking, depending on your taste.  I also agree about the KC brides magazine.  It's super helpful because it does some of the homework for you.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony and reception at the Town Pavilion. 
  • OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked the space at Nara.  The space is pretty affordable itself, but the food is kind of expensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This is wonderful! Thanks so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony and reception at Berg Event Space. :) Its gorgeous!
  • edited December 2011
    I had a friend get married at The Simpson House which is right by the Plaza and Nelson Atkins Museum. 

It's perfect if you're not having a huge wedding. The only downside is that you have to provide everything else.
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • dmnorthcraftdmnorthcraft member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure we are going with Club 1000, but the Broadway Room at The Uptown Theatre is fabulous for a better price!  Really depends on what your budget and guest count is.  The Villa is great (near the plaza) but too small for us.   These are around 2-4K for the rental - some include more than others. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at The Clubhouse on Baltimore. They have several rooms for different sizes, and the place is AWESOME! Two blocks from P&L, too, if that tickles your fancy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Town Pavillion is GORGEOUS  FI and I wanted it but unfortunatly it was booked on our wedding day. There is also the Little Theatre at the KC Convention Center and The Sawyer Room also. Um depending on how many people you are having for your wedding you might check Hotel Phillps, I agree with prideinpynk about the vox theatre, I've looked at it and it is nice inside, my only concern was the location was sketchy to me.  I have places listed in my bio and update everytime I go look at places   HTH
    OH and Drexel Hall
    sorry I go a little crazy with places!!
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I am getting married at Club 1000, so obviously I love it.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Berg Event Space!  Yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards