Getting in Shape

Jillian 30 day Shred I just started it

I just started the level 1 30 day shred and I wanted to know how many times a week, people recommned doing it?

Re: Jillian 30 day Shred I just started it

• Hi Im new here but I LOVE Jillian Michael and I would say to do it everyday for the 30 days it works! :)
  • I do it 2-3 times a week and I alternate it with some of her other workouts like yoga meltdown and burn fat boost metabolism
    Planning Blog: www.JohnandSteph2010.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image228 Made the list!
    image 42 Are ready to party!
    image 6 Will be missing out!
    image 180 Can't find the mailbox!
  • I do it 2-4 times a week for my morning workout. Sometimes I'll do BFBM if I want even more cardio, and I also go to the gym to lift heavy weights and run 3-4 days a week.
    If you're not used to doing any sort of exercise on a regular basis, definitely start out doing 30DS as often as you can. (That's what I had to do for about 2 weeks, just on level 1) But as your muscles adjust, definitely look into some heavier routines.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I do mine 3-4 days a week and combine it with the BFBM and the NMTS videos that she has.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• I did the shred for 25 days in a row. My problem is I get bored and want to quit--which is why I quit @ day 25 instead of doing it the full 30. It is a FANTASTIC workout, but I would recommend throwing it in there with other work out routines. I plan on doing the shred once a week along with my other Jillian DVDs.
  • srkropfsrkropf member
    First Comment
    I'm starting on Monday-- I"m excited, nervous, scared, and ready to get rid of my chicken arms!
    Sarah Kropf Wedding Countdown Ticker 98image 12image 4image
  • I am on day 28! I looove it!  I have gotten much stronger and lost about 3 inches off of my waist!

Beware though: don't expect to lose tons of pounds.  It is more a toning DVD for those looking to lose the last 5 vanity pounds.  Plus it is only 20 minutes long so (when I am motivated) I mix it with cardio to burn more calories. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh also, I have done it 7 days a week (minus on cheat day).  10 days on level one, 10 days on level two, and soon to be 10 days on level three. :-)

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I loved using it! Unfortunately, I managed to herniate a disc in my back a couple of months ago and I haven't been able to use it since...
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards