African American Weddings

Rehearsal Dinner Invitations

For those of you that plan on having a rehearsal dinner, are you sending invitations for the rehearsal dinner separately or are you including them in with the wedding invitations?  If you're sending separate invitations are they going to look similar or be in the same color scheme as your wedding invitations or save the dates?  TIA

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Invitations

• edited December 2011

My fmil, is planning the rehearsal dinner. So invites will be sent out seperate. They were ordered from vistaprint, which is also where we ordered our photo cards from. So they match the photo cards, but not the invites. Both are on the same color scheme as the whole wedding, though.  HTH

Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm... I never thought of it. I was just going to invite the people  that come to the rehearsal out to eat personally... is that tacky?
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rehearsal-dinner-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2ef8881b-4bfa-410f-93d1-aaeecf087e5cPost:3f4a311e-09b3-4f3d-b13b-9f974234129e">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]hmmm... I never thought of it. I was just going to invite the people  that come to the rehearsal out to eat personally... is that tacky?
    Posted by desi2002[/QUOTE]

Not at all. Thats was my plan as well. But the fmil is in charge and is paying. So if she says invites, than invites it is. lol
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I am including mines in the invitations.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL is taking care of the RD. If she wants to send out invites for that she can, but as of now, it's just the people that are participating in the rehearsal. The only person that's not participating that'll be there is the minister's wife.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking evites.....
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I did postcard invites using the same style as the wedding invitations and STD cards using the alternate wedding color (invites were crimson; RD invites are black).  I ordered them from the same company, 123print.com, and they were super cheap.  Mailing them separately.  Wedding party and OOT guest will receive the RD invites.
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am sending out separate invitations to the rehearsal dinner and the day-after breakfast.  The invitation will be within the same color scheme, but will be a different look altogether.

For those only invited to the day-after brunch, I will send a separate invite specifically for this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards