Georgia-Atlanta

Anyone married at Stone Mountain?

I am originally from Atl & found some information about intimate wedding packages at the Evergreen Marriott at Stone Mountain. It would just be us & about 20 family members. The Lakeside Pavillion looks beautiful. Anyone have any experience with them? I will be dealing with them from about 4 hrs away so I want to make sure it would be a wise decision.

Thanks!

Re: Anyone married at Stone Mountain?

• My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't at the moment, but we were considering that same area as an option. We will actually be going that way this weekend so I might be able to get you some info early next week.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about the wedding packages, but DH and I stay there every year for a large event.  Great Service, and good food. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011

Great Thanks! It's just hard to trust from so far away with something so important. Any extra info anyone can give me would be much appreciated!

• handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just thought of a couple of things.  First, there's an entrance fee to get into the park, and the hotels are located within the park, so I'm not sure how you work that out--maybe the park give passes to the wedding guest, or that's included in the wedding package?  It's a $7 entrance fee to the park.  And, as I recall, there is very limited self-parking at the convention center.  That may mean an additional fee for valet service.  Those will be questions you want to ask.  If I think of anything else, I'll post again. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards