Washington-Seattle

what's your....

first dance song?
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: what's your....

• edited December 2011

Spend My Life with You. Eric Benet feat. Tamia

Love that song.. but I also love Endless Love by Luther Vandross and Mariah Carey.. :)

• jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    everything ~ michael buble
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • mochikomochiko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jack johnson- banana pancakes :)
  • edited December 2011
    "You Are the Best Thing"  Ray LaMontagne
  • edited December 2011
    Currently "Naked As We Came" by Iron & Wine

May be switched to something by Ella Fitzgerald if we can find a song that's not about either breaking up or apologizing...

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • edited December 2011
    "Crazy Love" Van Morrison
    For Sale Bio

Updated 10/4/10 image

• edited December 2011
    Niq - what about A Tisket A Tasket ;) In all seriousness, what about "I'm putting all my eggs in one basket" It's a fun bouncy rhythm and is about settling down with one person. I have it as a great duet with Louis Armstrong.

Nothing for us :( FI isn't helping and anything I suggest he just sort of poo-poos.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Lucky - by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    edited December 2011
    OMG - I forgot how much i love that Eric Benet and Tamia song!  good choice sara!  We're trying to decide between Crazy Love - but the Bryan McKnight version of Van Morrison's song or To Make You Feel My Love - but the Adele cover of the Bob Dylan song.  Apparently we like cover songs!
  • edited December 2011
    We are considering a few...

When God Made You by Newsong

Follow Through by Gavin Degraw

I Cross My Heart by Goerge Strait

I Could Not Ask for More by Edwin McCain

Your Gaurdian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Appartatus

Life After You by Chris Daughtry

All pretty different.....Maybe some ideas for those of you still looking.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

We're likely going with "Everytime I Close My Eyes" by Babyface with Mariah Carey and Kenny G.  Another one I personally love is "All My Life" by KC & Jojo.

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Currently considering:

All I Want Is You - Barry Louis Polisar (Juno soundtrack) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20PQBtyfNZY
    Someone Like You - Van Morrison
    All You Need Is Love - the Beatles
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    edited December 2011
    "Let's Stay Together," Al Green
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_whats?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:fe7b34d4-eec9-4e53-8e54-ad20384f6e46Post:f4da7def-78f0-4d2d-b426-b75372d1befd">Re: what's your....</a>:
    [QUOTE]everything ~ michael buble
    Posted by jennlin[/QUOTE]

Us too. =)
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_whats?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:fe7b34d4-eec9-4e53-8e54-ad20384f6e46Post:74e62f6a-ca16-4004-a453-4e8883fbbc0b">Re: what's your....</a>:
    [QUOTE] Another one I personally love is "All My Life" by KC & Jojo.
    Posted by Tygirljojo[/QUOTE]

OMG, all I can think of when I read this is how this guy in high school used to call me and sing this song to me. LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    Free Bird.

j/k, we haven't decided yet.  My top contenders are "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley, or "By Your Side" by Sade.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    BTW, the one I really want to use is Midnight Radio from Hedwig and the Angry Inch, but the cover by Dar Williams. But FIe says it's "mopey" :(:(.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Amaryllis619Amaryllis619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley

We're HUGE country music fans.  Smile
    snowbaby-1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    On Christmas Morning by Michael McDonald.  LOVE it!
    -Liss EED (Estimated Eviction Date): February 18th, 17th, 21st and now the 14th. Who knows...they change the date every appointment! BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~February 2012~Siggy Challenge~Favorite Halloween Candy~
    My Sometimes Updated Belly Blog
  • AC0717AC0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

All the Way - Celine Dion and Frank Sinatra

• edited December 2011
    Sara, I was planning on posting this question while i was running around doing errands today. U beat me to it.  We are still deciding on ours. FI shot down Have u ever really loved a Woman cuase he thinks its too one-sided. I thought it was 1) a great love song 2) Really awesome guitar song cuase thats what our musician is going to be (no dj). 

other song on the table Forever and For Always -Shania Twain
  • edited December 2011
    My FI likes 'Everything' by Brad Paisley.
    I on the other hand, love it too, but can't seem to shake the feeling of looking for more. I think the Beach Boys 'Wouldn't it be Nice' would be cute, more upbeat.
    Love your love the most- Eric Church
    Soul Sister- Train
    And I keep leaning towards classics, like motown. FI says we'll go over them ,but he is terrible with song names and he can never remember ones that remind him of me. Oh well, it's up to me then!
    And that new John Mayer song 'Half of my Heart' I am really digging right now. Ah, I'm a mess! Lol!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_whats?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:fe7b34d4-eec9-4e53-8e54-ad20384f6e46Post:97d5aa3f-573d-4406-802a-2a0196d194b8">Re: what's your....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: what's your.... : OMG, all I can think of when I read this is how this guy in high school used to call me and sing this song to me. LOL!
    Posted by melissa82[/QUOTE]

Lol, Boyz II Men's "End of the Road" does that for me.  But that was a guy in 6th grade who "dedicated" it to me by singing it on the car ride back from a field trip.  Ummm....yeah, probably not the best song to dedicate to a girl you're hoping to get with??
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    hahah.. this guy used to call me and sing jagged edge songs! hahahaha.. his name was barry, i dont' know HOW he got my number! also, this other guy used to call and leave messages at my house singing songs.. my dad wondered what the hell was goin on..
  • edited December 2011
    Jennyann - that is my ALL time favorite song! And I didn't even consider it. Sad! But now that you mention that, you think that would be good for a father-daughter / mother-son dance???

Ours is Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton. It was also my parent's song. (they don't know, it will be a surprise!)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_whats?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:fe7b34d4-eec9-4e53-8e54-ad20384f6e46Post:981949c2-2ddb-4a16-9bfd-9c6be8c92496">Re: what's your....</a>:
    [QUOTE]jack johnson- banana pancakes :)
    Posted by mochiko[/QUOTE]
    Love this! I make Sunday breakfast to this song :)
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • emilyasiegelemilyasiegel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wish you were here by pink floyd.

I know totally not a wedding song, but it's "our song"
  • edited December 2011
    Mudpuddle!! Haven't seen you in ages!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • briandbry2010briandbry2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Time after time - margaret Whitting. It's the song that plays at the end of the movie Julie & Julia when she's visiting the museum and julia get's her book. We both love old love songs and that has become our song
    Visit Retro.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker 172 invitedimage 151 accepted!image 5 can't make itimage 16 haven't respondedimage
  • dawnies79dawnies79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only You Can Love Me This Way - Keith Urban
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards