Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

What is the best season to get married?

Re: What is the best season to get married?

• I think it depends on the person, the religion, the area of the country.  In Pagan tradition, it is not a good idea to start anything between Samhain (Halloween) and Candlemas (February 2--Groundhog Day), because of nature's cycle.  And in some areas of the country, Spring will still have the possibility of snow in the Northeast.  The year I graduated from High School, there was snow in Boston the day before my graduation ceremony on June 3!  In the South, where I live now, it might be tough to have an outdoor ceremony from May to September, due to the heat. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • I've always wanted to get married in fall. But then, I don't want to get married at the most popular time of year for weddings, either, and October is creeping up the ladder. I love fall weather in the northeast where I am from and I'll be happy to celebrate my anniversary during that season. But in a practical sense, I live in Southern California and there's no way I'd want to wear a heavy dress in 95+ degree heat in the summer. However, in many areas of the country (US) summer is probably the best weather you'll get - mild temps with less chance of rain.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • We both wanted to get married in October, but with FI's work schedule we can't do it. So Spring was the second choice!
    ~Erin~
    proud pagan
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wanted fall, but we ended up with spring due to life and work commitments. Oh well, my BMs are still wearing eggplant!
  •  If we could get married when i really wanted, it'd be spring... maybe like April. 

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I think it depends on the person and their personality. I am getting married in June because I have always loved the movie 7 Brides for 7 Brothers in which the girls sing a song about June brides being brides all their lives. However, my favorite season is winter and I would love to have a winter wedding if I could have two weddings (except I live in Maine and winter can be a really hard season to plan anything for). No single time of the year is the "perfect" wedding season.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards