North Carolina

Planning Question!

So we have decided to have an 18 month engagement.  We are trying to figure out the things that we will need to book early.  We know to book the ceremony and reception locations as early as we can.  I've heard to book a photographer early also.  What else would you guys suggest booking early??? (Triad area...Winston to be specific, if that makes a difference).

Thank you SO much in advance!!!

Re: Planning Question!

• edited December 2011

I would go ahead and research caterers....sometimes they book up fast.  I would also start looking at what kind of flowers you would like to have, and start looking at florists!

Congrats!

200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married in a year and 5 months and we're booking ceremony/reception venue and our photographer next week.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!

I saw your earlier post but didn't want to bump the thread - my FI and I went to Wake as well and had our engagement photos there! though we aren't getting married in Wait, we have been to several friends' weddings there who have had receptions in other places. If you have any questions about the area or vendors (our photographer is actually in W-S), feel free to PM me!

To answer your question - I would book your venue, photographer, and caterer as early as you can. I think Winston is a little sparse on wedding vendors so starting early can only be a benefit!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP about the vendors they mentioned, including the florists (especially if you are more limited in W-S, I'm not super-sure about the area). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • klaphamklapham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am doing an 18 month engagement as well and have decided that the first thing we are booking is a venue. I have a feeling we are going to be doing something in one site due to the fact that we are INCREDIBLY NEW to the area. I have a feeling that once you get the venue, everything else falls into place. Other than that, I am in the same boat as you and need all the help I can get :) Good luck planning!

Kristin

• bellamisto43bellamisto43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our engagement will end up being 15 months long - we booked venue, blocked hotel, and shuttle first thing because we're getting married in such a secluded area.  I've recently run into a roadblock with the DJ as the company I wanted to use (and all of my DJ choices) were booked for our date in Oct 2011!  I would highly recommend doing DJ very soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jgcohnjgcohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice!!! Sorry for the long delay...I was up in NY visiting my family and got stuck in the insane blizzard!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards