Registry and Gift Forum

Is Target really that bad? Help!

Hi guys,
We just started our first registry online last night at target.com. We picked target b/c we wanted to register for a few fun things like an Xbox (so we can play Rock Band) and some bikes, and cuz I really like their stuff, a lot of their stuff is inexpensive, and there are a lot of stores.
But after reading the posts on this board, I'm scared. Please tell me the truth-would I be better off shutting it down right away, before we tell people where we're registered, and picking another place? like maybe bed bath and beyond? We also plan on registering at macy's.
thanks!!!

Re: Is Target really that bad? Help!

• I don't have a lot of experience with the Target registry, but I can tell you that several ladies have had issues with returns.  I don't know if this is a nation wide problem, or a localized issue, but at least some stores have a return  policy that you can only return two items in a full calendar year.  Making it really difficult to return more than two gifts from your registry, especially if you have duplicates etc. 
  • There was an issue in 2008 with their return policy, but after so many negative reviews and stuff, they changed it.  You should be fine now.  Just be sure you read the return policy and that you're okay with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • there have been tons of negative reviews on this board about Target, their return policy, and computer issues.  With that being said, we never had any trouble with their registry, even when it came to returns.

• We haven't run into any problems yet.  Target has changed some of their return policies. Still not as good as Bed, Bath and Beyond, but a lot better than what I heard about them before. We decided it was worth taking the chance.

• We registered at Target and BB&B and have had NO issues at Target.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • We also had no issues with our registry this June, and the policies have been loosened even more since then.  Green light here!
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Wow, thanks everyone! I think we will keep our Target registry because of what you all said. They have some things that we can't get anywhere else. I think we'll just start with Macy's and do Bed Bath and Beyond too. 3 is a good number in my opinion.
  • We are registered at both I just like BB&B better. They have so many more things to choose from. With Target we made sure we picked things that we in store instead of online just in case no one wanted to ship anything to us.
  • From somebody who used to work at Target and dealt with couples and their registeries, the biggest issue that you might run into is returning items without a gift reciept.  When I worked there you could only return two items if you didn't have a reciept within a calednar year, but I don't know if that has changed.  BUT the great thing about Target is you get a discount on buying the things off your registery after the wedding.  You should get a discount card when you register.
    Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards