Florida-West Coast

Here's a stupid question....

I am getting my nails done before my wedding and I have never went into saltwater with acrylics on... will they get ruined? Should I wait to get them done the day before or will I be ok?

Re: Here's a stupid question....

• cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How far in advance of your wedding are you geting your nails done?  I wouldn't worry about the salt water so much as the sand which could chip away at the polish.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mistym05Mistym05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be getthing them done on Tuesday, we leave for FL on Wed and I get married on Sat.  The only reason I ask is because some of the lakes here in MI make the nail polish goopy and gunky and I wasn't sure if saltwater did the same.
  • rachelc7487rachelc7487 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If my memory serves me correctly my nails did get messed up after going in the salt water...like pp said, I don't know if it's the salt water or the sand, but you might want to hold off.

I'm getting mine done the day before because I am terribly rough with my hands and KNOW I would mess them up before Saturday if I didn't wait.
  • edited December 2011

I have had it happen to regular nails too and I don't know if its the sand and/or the sunscreen lotion that makes them dull. Maybe get them done in FLA or bring along a good top coat to reseal?  HTH!

updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • amvmomamvmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wear acrylics all the time. I don't have the tips, I just have it shaped over my natural nail. They will be fine. Don't let them use nail polish, make sure they use colored acrylic. That way the color won't chip. Also have them use a clear gel top coat, your nails will stay gorgeous and shiny for weeks! I am a paramedic and very rough on my nails.Harsh soaps, disinfectants, plus getting people out of interesting places. The salon I go to is great and I only have to get filled every three weeks! I always change my colors. I have never had my nails dull or look nasty and I have lived here in Ft Myers area fo 26 years. Make sure the salon you go to uses good product. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards