Not Engaged Yet

@ tiger

(Hi all! We're back from camping!)

Sad I miss the original thread... so I'm going to go off the the responses. I can tell you that as nervous as I was in the upcoming months before FI proposed, all my jitters have changed.  I think my pre-engagement jitters was my anxiety about the anticipation. In life, at the dentist, at the doctor (whatever)... I hate anticipation because I always like to know what is happening. To be honest, I'm not huge on being shocked by sudden changes or unexpected pain/happiness. It freaks me out to the core and takes me some time to get used it. Would I want to relive the pre-engagement jitters? While it was fun, I didn't like the anxiety that I had.

This past 2 weeks has been blissful. I realize how lucky I am to be planning my future with a good person and I can't wait for this next life change: marriage. I'm excited that my next chapter is about to start and am enjoying the bliss of of every moment in our engagement.
www.nurseyk.weebly.com

Re: @ tiger

• edited December 2011
    I missed the thread too!  And I'm a nosy nancy, so now I'm like ZOMG WTF BBQ!?

If you wanna talk, you can FB or PM me.  I'm here for you.
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I've been having some pre-proposal jitters. Insomnia, anxiety, etc. I've been really worried about having an 'appropriate' reaction to the proposal, now that I know it's actually coming soon. The long and short of it is that I love my BF, and I'm excited to share my life with him.

Like you said Nursey, I'm not great with surprises. Usually, I'm the one surprising someone else, and of course, surprises are just that, surprises but this is like a surprise that I've known was coming for MONTHS, so it seems that it's now starting to stress me out. I'm pretty sure it's my Type A, control-freak personality coming through!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tiger?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:495700f0-df54-404f-9058-84c79a4f3906Post:e6fa938e-8f81-4767-9760-639d0c21878a">Re: @ tiger</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys! I've been having some pre-proposal jitters. Insomnia, anxiety, etc. I've been really worried about having an 'appropriate' reaction to the proposal, now that I know it's actually coming soon. The long and short of it is that I love my BF, and I'm excited to share my life with him. Like you said Nursey, I'm not great with surprises. Usually, I'm the one surprising someone else, and of course, surprises are just that, surprises but this is like a surprise that I've known was coming for MONTHS, so it seems that it's now starting to stress me out. I'm pretty sure it's my <strong>Type A, control-freak personality coming through!!</strong>
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

High five. Me too. :)
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    Awwww...don't stress out.  *HUG*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards