California-Tahoe

new here- planning from another state!

Hi, 
My brother & his fiance are looking to get married next November/December and really like the idea of Lake Tahoe (we live in Texas). I'm in the wedding industry here in Texas, but Tahoe is a whole new aspect for me (been there once about 15 years ago!) since I'm familiar with how weddings work, they're leaving majority of the planning up to me. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions on venues. 
We are looking for an intimate setting venue (less than 50 people), not really looking for a hotel type venue (we want to rent a few condos for the families for the week if possible). Do you have any unique venue suggestions in the area? Thank you so much! 
Gavin & April married 6.26.04

Re: new here- planning from another state!

• edited December 2011
    Check out Granlibakken.  Great place with rooms for the family.  Sunnyside and Gar Woods Restaurants both are great for smaller weddings.  Sunnyside also has a hotel.  Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Valhalla (http://www.valhallatahoe.com/weddings.html)...it's a gorgeous venue, right on the lake and very historic.  The inside is a blank slate but has a beautiful fireplace that makes the space very intimate.  Especially since you're a wedding planner...this would be a great location to consider.

Let me know if you have any other questions...I live in the area and got married back in August of 2009.  I am happy to help!

Natasha
    schuelove.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards