Ohio-Toledo

Parkway Place

Hi- Just wondered if anyone on here has used this venue, specifically the Mount Vernon Room.  We contracted for our wedding to be there on May 7, 2011, and are still undecided about which wedding package is the best deal overall.  I'm looking into a bunch of different vendors for dj, cake, photography, etc., but it's hard to decide if I should buy those things separately or get them in a package.  I don't want to skimp on quality, and I want to get the best deal.  Anyone with any help?

Re: Parkway Place

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been there myself, but I've heard nothing but good things from friends who have attended weddings there.  If that helps at all... Embarassed
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • LM2003LM2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at cambride place and the same owners run Parkway place as well.  I loved it there and it was well organized the food was good too. 

I don't know if that was much help but I just wanted to share too Wink
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Parkway Place on Saturday but it the other room.  We went with the whole package but was able to switch out the DJ and ended up switching out the cake baker as well because I was not happy with how her cake tasted (kind of dry!) But I did want to have the chair covers and everything else that came along with the package.  Let me know if you have any other questions about Parkway Place.  They have been wonderful to work with so far!
  • bevaleebevalee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rdurik- I'm assuming you signed up for the Premier Package? I looked a lot on here, and I can get a cake for 100 people for $185, but I'm still looking for cheap but quality djs.  I saw some pics of their chairs without slip covers, too, so I don't know if it's worth spending the extra money on.  Can I ask why you are switching out the dj?  Did you look around to get the best deals, or did you just figure going with the package beat the hassle.  There's just stuff in the package that I don't think we need, but if it turns out that I can get a bunch of those extras for a better deal than by buying things seperately, I don't know which to go with.  Basically, I want to know if you did research to find the best deals for your wedding? Thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes we got the Premier Package.  I received a lot of recommendations for Decorative Sound and they told me they had no problem using him instead of their house DJ.  If all of the things that come along in the package aren't that important to you then I would definitely see what you can find at a better deal.  I really didn't take the time to do the research because we wanted everything that came along with the package.  If you have any other questions let me know!
  • bevaleebevalee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much for your posts! i still have time, so i'm looking around!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards