New Hampshire

Justice of the Peace question

I'm not sure if anyone knows - Our JP is from Connecticut. It says that to be married in New Hampshire a JP has to be "commissioned in NH"...do you know how an out of state JP does this?
Photobucket

Re: Justice of the Peace question

• There is a form that needs to be filled out for an out of state JP to perform the ceremony in NH. I have the form at home which I originally found online. I am having trouble finding it but I will keep looking for you =)
  • THANK YOU so much. :)
    Photobucket
  • I just wanted to let you know.. I didn't forget about you. Hopefully I'll remember when I go home so I can look at the web address on the form.
  • Thank you, I really appreciate it. They don't make that form easy to find!
    Photobucket
  • You are THE BEST. Thank you so much!!

Do you know if you need to get your marriage license before your JP can submit this?
    Photobucket
  • You are welcome! Glad I could help =)

I don't believe you need to have your marriage license first or even when the form needs to be turned in... but there is a phone number on the form so I will probably be calling to ask those questions.

Here is the additional info that was on the website:

The secretary of state may issue a special license to an individual residing out of state who is authorized or licensed by law to perform marriages in such individual's state of residence, authorizing him or her in a special case to marry a couple within the state.  The secretary of state may require the submission of a copy of a valid commission or other indicia of authority to marry in the individual's state of residence as proof of existence of that authority. The names and residences of the couple proposed to be married in such special case shall be stated in the license, and no power shall be conferred to marry any other parties than those named therein. The fee for such license shall be $25.00
  • Thanks again. You've been a great help to me!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards