Michigan-Grand Rapids

kinda freaking out.

So we got engaged last weekend after six years of being together so we decided to not have a long engagement. We have decided on Oct. 13 2012. We have a photographer, florist,minister, and reception place (eve at the bob). We thought we would be able to get married at the art museum in the veranda, but come to find out it only fits 50 people. We need a place to fit about 90. A catholic church is out since the requirements are too much for 3 months time. I would love to find a small chaple that isnt 1500.00 to get married in. We wouldnt mind a really nice clean modern space either. any ideas??

thank you so much!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: kinda freaking out.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_kinda-freaking-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:ec327072-464c-46f3-80de-d1ff9066d842Post:c1bec344-3c0a-4771-910a-07aa40f665ff">kinda freaking out.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So we got engaged last weekend after six years of being together so we decided to not have a long engagement. We have decided on Oct. 13 2012. We have a photographer, florist,minister, and reception place (eve at the bob). We thought we would be able to get married at the art museum in the veranda, but come to find out it only fits 50 people. We need a place to fit about 90. A catholic church is out since the requirements are too much for 3 months time. I would love to find a small chaple that isnt 1500.00 to get married in. We wouldnt mind a really nice clean modern space either. any ideas?? thank you so much!
    Posted by Wlflake[/QUOTE]

Here's a list in Grand Rapids:

<a href="http://www.yellowpages.com/grand-rapids-mi/wedding-chapels" rel="nofollow">http://www.yellowpages.com/grand-rapids-mi/wedding-chapels</a>
  • I recently attended a nondenominational wedding at Fountain Street Church. It has more decoration than typical non Catholic churches including stained glass windows and cathedral ceilings. If I were to have a non Catholic wedding, that would be the church I would choose. Its not a small chapel though...

If you would prefer a Catholic Church, however, I would ask around- many priests are more modern and willing to work with you. For instance, You might be able to have a ceremony but not have the entire mass.

Hope this helps. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_kinda-freaking-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:95Discussion:ec327072-464c-46f3-80de-d1ff9066d842Post:c1bec344-3c0a-4771-910a-07aa40f665ff">kinda freaking out.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So we got engaged last weekend after six years of being together so we decided to not have a long engagement. We have decided on Oct. 13 2012. We have a photographer, florist,minister, and reception place (eve at the bob). We thought we would be able to get married at the art museum in the veranda, but come to find out it only fits 50 people. We need a place to fit about 90. A catholic church is out since the requirements are too much for 3 months time. I would love to find a small chaple that isnt 1500.00 to get married in. We wouldnt mind a really nice clean modern space either. any ideas?? thank you so much!
    Posted by Wlflake[/QUOTE]

Pointe of Grace Wedding Chapel in Coopersville. I've seen mixed reviews but we are useing them and they have been very nice and helpful so far.
  • We found a place! thanks for your responses!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fountain Street Church does have a small side chapel. It might work for you.
  • I went through the whole catholic wedding thing.  It is highly unlikely you will find any priest willing to work with you even if you don't have the mass.  6 months is the MINIMUM and they require counseling. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards