Ohio-Columbus

Need referrals for DJ and traveling hair stylist

Looking for a super fun DJ that will keep the night moving and interact with the guests. I am  also looking for a fabulous hair stylist that will travel to location (hotel in Columbus). I have very long hair and plan to wear it curled and down.

Please send recommendations my way :)
Anniversary

Re: Need referrals for DJ and traveling hair stylist

• BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our wedding ,we used David with Night Music for our DJ.  He did a wonderful job, and we were very satisfied!  I have a more detailed review of him in my married bio.

For hair, we used Shannon Goode.  She did my hair, the bridesmaids' hair, and the mothers' hair.  She was great - wonderful job and she worked fast too.  She arrived on-time at our hotel, and helped girls decide what looked best, as well as working with ideas/pictures that some girls brought.  I have a more detailed review for her in my bio as well.

I think Shannon and David were fun, talented professionals, and I would not hesitate to recommend them highly for anyone's wedding!  Contact info is in my bio, as well.  Good luck!
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    Lou Shocken!  He made our reception!  At 10:45 pm I was shocked by how many people were still out dancing, including my 75 year old great aunt!  They said they just never felt the right moment to leave the dance floor.  After the music stopped, I had probably 10 people tell me how awesome he was - no joke.  

During dinner, he had his playlist set, so he came up to us and made sure we had everything we needed (went to the bar and got us champagne since the caterer didn't set it out for our table like I thought was planned, but it all worked out).  

He interacted with the guests, and made very tasteful jokes here and there.  If I had to plan 10 more weddings, he would DJ all of them!  

• sherise40sherise40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in July 2011. I booked Shannon Goode. She is reasanable price wise and really easy to work with so far. I have heard soooooo many wonderful things about her.

I went with TEAM DJ, Mike Curry, we just clicked with him right away and is very up to date in the music scene. We are doing mostly 90's music and he was mentioning songs my fiance and I hadnt even thought of.....
    -Sherise Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second DJ Lou, he was great! The music selection was incredible and so easy to work with!
  • AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married October 2011 and have booked Shannon Goode because I also have heard really good things about her. She is also reasonably priced and has been great to work with so far!
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Greg Cenci. Most of my FI's family and friends have used him and he is sooo kind! His phone is 740-466-6526 and email is cencidj@yahoo.com After the fsils wedding he sent me an email to see if he was what we were looking for and if we were still interested.
  • Run4son418Run4son418 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would any of you ladies that used Shannon Goode be willing to share what her approximate prices are for her services?
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_need-referrals-dj-traveling-hair-stylist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:6abc5458-8c79-4d72-a036-f95bfb1ad238Post:6e0f3403-478e-4652-9252-ff8701c5395b">Re: Need referrals for DJ and traveling hair stylist</a>:
    [QUOTE]Would any of you ladies that used Shannon Goode be willing to share what her approximate prices are for her services?
    Posted by Run4son418[/QUOTE]

Her prices are listed on her website:
    <a href="http://www.goodehair.com/price-list" target="_blank" title="Shannon Goode prices">price list</a>
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    Matt Ryan Mobile DJs, we used Jeff Snow and he was awesome!  So nice, kept things moving and paid attention to our likes and dislikes.  I cant say enough good things about him.  He even offered to help load stuff into the cars at the end of the night!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards