Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Candy Buffet Containers. What did you or what are you using?

So many options. Just looking for some ideas what to use to have the guests put their candy in.

Re: Candy Buffet Containers. What did you or what are you using?

• Options
    I went to Pier 1 and found some glass containers on clearance. I also found some great deals on glass pieces at ARC the thrift store. Those finds coupled with some fancy glass antique cake plates, we already had, are going to hold the sweets buffet. My mother has my great grandmother's serving silver that we're planning to use as scoops for some of the dishes. I bought as many different shapes and textures of glass as I could find. I think it's going to be awesome. I spent around $44 and ended up with 15 pieces. When the wedding is over I may keep some of them as serving dishes or candle holders, but the rest I plan on giving away to whatever family member or friend wants them.
    Hope this helps!Laughing
  • Options
    Oh wait you're looking for plate or bowl ideas for the guests to carry around? I guess I read that wrong the first time. I'm not sure yet exactly what we are doing, but I'm leaning towards bamboo plates that are biodegradable, sturdier and classier that paper, yet not as expensive as actual plates.
  • Options
    I think my post was vague lol I meant what are you all using for the favor bags or containers to put the candy into. Such as cello bags, vellum bags, boxes, things like that. I don't want them too small or too big. I'm thinking about Chinese take out boxes.
  • Options
    I'm using favor boxes that were purchased from Michaels.  They're a lot smaller than the take-out boxes (I think those are super cute too!) but I just made sure to buy candy small enough to fit in the boxes.
    Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2010
    For the carry out containers, I decorated plain white 1/2 pint Chinese takeout boxes from Papermart.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_candy-buffet-containers-did-using?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:5e5e86b3-a647-4214-9507-30f918250a5cPost:3873aed6-2645-437a-a789-f92da56bd92f">Re: Candy Buffet Containers. What did you or what are you using?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the carry out containers, I decorated plain white 1/2 pint Chinese takeout boxes from Papermart.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Great inspiration! Thanks!
  • Options
    I found little colored paper bags online.  They personalized them with our names and wedding date.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Were the 1/2 pint take out boxes big enough? I'm going to do this as well and was unsure about size...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I found paper bags that had tux's and dresses on them and used them,pics are in my bio.
  • Options
    I thought the 1/2 pint boxes were perfect.  The 1 pint looked too big to me, but alot of girls do use them.
  • Options
    My wedding is a vintage country chic theme, so we are allowing guests to put the candy in Ball canning jars.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tant04tant04 member
    First Comment
    I was in a similar situation with my sister's wedding shower.  I found favor boxes with handles at Dollar Tree that were 10 in a package!  Perfect size for a candy buffet.  I am going to decorate with a label and ribbon.  Hoped this helps!
  • Options
    I had a candy buffet at my shower... They used all different types of vases big small round square... for lolly pops they got a foam circle spray painted it the theme color and had a bigger one under it.. looked really good. They also have martini glasses, Margarita glasses that look good as well
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards