• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

Happy Thursday!

Well I am back up to 75-80%.  Went home yesterday at lunch and had a nap.  Nice nap!!  I felt awesome after that nap.  It was like I needed more sleep. 

Today should be fairly easy.  No real work to do.  Just getting things ready for our September Promotional Book.  C wants to get things done early (insert rolling eyes here) and see if we can get it done before I leave. 

28 weeks today!! 
image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation

Re: Happy Thursday!

• Good Morning!

Linds, glad you are feeling better! Rest is the key for sure.

H and I went to comedy show last night (Aziz Ansari- he's on Parks and Recreation if anyone watches that) and he was really funny. It was nice to get out on a school night and break up the week. We don't usually do that cause we are like old people sometimes.

Just work today....nothing exciting. Probably enjoy a glass of wine or two tonight and I will try my best to make it to the gym.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Morning everyone, headed to work momentarily and in a meeting all day. Should be great (insert sarcasm here). We've had a lot of trouble within our team at work lately and today is a team building day to work through it all and make a plan for moving forwards.
    Atleast I'm headed to the gym after for a good workout and then A is actually home tonight.
    Linds - glad your feeling better. 
  • Good morning. 

Liz, D & I's first date was to a comedy club and he took me back there the night he proposed.  Thank you for giving me an idea for is 40th birthday next month!!  :)

Nothing exciting going on here.  D was out the door at 4:05 again this morning to train before work.  Bless his heart, he tries to be so quiet but there's no way to not wake the dogs up and once they're up, it's all over for me. 
  • Linds- glad you are feeling better! Naps are the best medicine!

Liz- I feel you on being home bodies. It is hard to get the energy to do stuff on weeknights. Glad you liked the comedy show!

Andrea- Hope your team building works out and the meeting isn't too bad.

We just finalized our vacation plans for the year today. We were thinking about going to Charleston but decided it was too expensive and too long of a drive back. So we scrapped that plan and instead I will be showing P around Asheville. A little reminiscing for me and a lot of beer drinking for P. :)
    P actually brought up not going to Charleston to save some of that money to put towards my 30th Birthday trip for next year.  He wants to take me to Jazz Fest in New Orleans next April! Neither of us have been to NOLA and we would love to go for Jazz Fest.
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • liz -- aziz is hilarious! i saw him on a comedy special and i about died. so funny!
    linds -- glad you are feeling better!
    not too much to report here. feeling unmotivated with my work lately. i feel like i have a lot of stuff to do and it is all boring. oh well! gotta bring home some bacon.
    looking forward to the weekend. last weekend was so fun but so chaotic -- i feel like i have still not recovered. this weekend we are doing a whole bunch of relaxing.
    Anniversary image<br
  • C- Glad I could help!

Ash that sounds fun! I want to go to Asheville this fall, but it might not happen with the other small trips we have planned this fall. We have a wedding in NYC in October (which I am pretty excited about).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited June 2012
    Good Morning!

It's another boring day in the office here. Work has been slow so I've been relying on the interwebs to keep me entertained. I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening and getting some reading done tonight (almost done with book 3, it just got more interesting :)).

Linds- Glad to hear you are feeling better... AND... it's nice to see you back on TK :)
    Liz- Date nights during the week can be a nice mental break :)
    A- GL at work today, sometimes those kind of meetings/team building activties can be such a drag.
    C- Boo, for being woken up early. W woke up at 4 to be at work at 5, but luckily I was able to fall back asleep (that doesn't always happen)
    Ash- Your vacation & bday plans sound so fun!
    Lisa- Sorry to hear your motivation at work is down. I'm sure you're just going through a "phase". Yes, please take it easy this weekend :)
    Anniversary
  • Chrissy - I am happy to be back on TK :)  I missed you girls!

Colleen - Sucks to be woken up that early.  Even being up 3-4 times a night I still get a good 8 hours.  I reminded Z this morning that his days of sleeping in are limited :)

Andrea - here's hoping your work day / meeting goes quickly!
  • Morning! I am loving this heat. I stopped by my parents' house to drop off the pepper plants that I never planted, then went to Whole Foods, where, as usual, I spent more than I intended too. Now I'm relaxing at home, watching a movie, and doing some internet shopping. John's coworker's fiance invited me to her shower (thankfully on my work weekend so I don't have to go... I hate showers) and I'm hitting the registry before the cheap stuff all gets bought out :)
    Anniversary
  • Ash, those trips sounds awesome!  And Liz, I'm way jealous of your trip to NYC this fall. 

Lisa, you turd.  I now have I'm a Woman stuck in my head.  :)
  • Liz- I'm sure NYC in the fall will be awesome!
    Christine- I'm jealous of your day, it sounds so easy going :). Smart idea to purchase a gift ASAP so there are plenty of options!
    Anniversary
  • Hi!  Today's a boring one around here, just organized the work I did at home yesterday and worked on a few oddity cases.  I was super productive last night, though.  I washed and folded 2 loads of kid stuff, made dinner, and even made banana bread because I refused to waste the perfectly ripe but too brown on the outside bananas that were sitting in the fruit bowl.  I guess it doesn't sound like I did that much, but it was a big night for me.  Today's a regular day in the office, and I'm coming in tomorrow since Mom volunteered to babysit, so I can get some extra cash.  Then a cookout at MIL's on Saturday.  Normally I make some kind of dessert from scratch, but I'm seeing lately how unappreciated it is (seriously, when I say I'm making a birthday cake for H, don't go out and also buy brownies and a whole other kind of dessert so I end up having to take most of the thing I worked on the entire day home uneaten - it's disrespectful), I'm making something out of a box.  So there.  The effort : appreciation ratio has been way off lately.
  • liz - Totally jelous of your NYC trip. 
  • Hello! I thought I posted this morning.. but I remembered I didn't. I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night so I'm like a walking zombie. Today has been slow so far and I don't see it picking up at all. Tonight I have to stop by the store to get items for SIL's 30th b-day party/ Announcing engagement to the family. Tomorrow will be my big shopping day for food/cake/drinks and such. THen I have class. This class isn't too bad-critical thinking english but there's just so much to do in 8 weeks!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day so far! I'm jealous of those of you who get to lounge at home today!

Anniversary
  • Cake- Yay for productive nights and your mom being able to take care of the kiddos. I definitely understand where you're coming from... besides boxed desserts can be yummy with a homemade twist :)
    Anniversary
  • HE HAS A NAME!! 
    Z finally got his SH!T together and looked at baby names. 

Willem Cael John MacGregor!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2011-weddings_happy-thursday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:644Discussion:3aedb083-54ad-4b46-ad22-c0f3876694efPost:3a800dde-f667-4238-832c-2278b7cb96fb">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I thought I posted this morning.. but I remembered I didn't. I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night so I'm like a walking zombie. Today has been slow so far and I don't see it picking up at all. Tonight I have to stop by the store to get items for<strong> SIL's 30th b-day party/ Announcing engagement to the family.</strong> Tomorrow will be my big shopping day for food/cake/drinks and such. THen I have class. This class isn't too bad-critical thinking english but there's just so much to do in 8 weeks! Hope everyone is having a fabulous day so far! I'm jealous of those of you who get to lounge at home today!
    Posted by skurtz04[/QUOTE]

Ohh I forgot about this! Is she going to tell ppl that she's been engaged for a while or just make it out like it just happened? I am curious to see the reaction.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Serena- Wow your SIL decided to wait after all! I'm curious to hear about everyone's reaction.
    Linds- Aw... love it! I thought you had already decided on a name (Owen John). Either one is cute!
    Anniversary
  • Serena - I am interested to hear what happens as well.  I still can't believe she waited to tell everyone.  Would have killed me.

Chrissy - I really like Owen but it wasn't Z's favorite.  So I told him he had to go through all the websites and choose a name we both liked.  He compiled the list and this morning we have been talking and we decided on Willem this morning.  I still like Owen but it is really popular.  2 people I know in the city just had boys and they named them Owen so it kind of threw me out of wanting to name our LO the same. 
  • Not her decision to wait this long. MIL didn't want he to say anything.. and get this... because she hasn't had the best choices in men and she didn't think that this one would last WOWZERS!! But I dont know if she will say for how long but I'm glad that it's finally coming out.
    Anniversary
  • Linds- I understand. I love the name Owen, but it is definitely super popular right now.
    Serena- Wow, that stinks. Poor SIL.
    Anniversary
  • colleen -- i have no idea what song you are talking about.
    serena -- finally the secret will be out! kind of messed up that she was told she had to wait, though.
    Anniversary image<br
  • Serena- I don't think I would have been able to keep that a secret for so long! Can't wait for the follow up story from you on how it went with the announcement! :)

Linds- I like the name! It kind of makes me think of Willam Defoe when I hear the name. He was great in Boondock Saints!

Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Lisa, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0_uhUhqrbk

Linds, love the name!

Serena, that's pretty messed up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards