Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Average Cost of Centerpieces??!!!

I'm having a September 2010 wedding. My center pieces are a bouquet of pink/fushia lilies and white and purple roses, they are coming out to about 30$ a centerpieces, that's just paying for flowers only. Is that a normal cost? I think it's a little expensive but i'm not familiar with flower prices?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Average Cost of Centerpieces??!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you using real flowers?  How are they going to be arranged?  I know tall centerpieces tend to be more.  I think depending on how many flowers and stuff that is a good price.  Roses are usually expensive and i think lilies are too.  HTH
    Michelle and Chris 10.10.10 ~Planning Bio~Updated September 12th~ 10/10 Siggy challenge: Walking down the aisle Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our CP's are $50 and $150 (we're doing a combo of tall and short)  We're having a lot of flowers in them...sooo...$30 isn't all that bad.  How many do you need?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $30 for roses and lilies isn't a bad price.  Those are some of the more expensive flowers, so it will obviously make your cost higher....plus depending on how involved the arrangement is, there may be some extra labor involved.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My centerpieces were $50 and $30....we did a mix of taller arrangements and flower rings around candlesticks I bought from another knottie.
    TTC #1 since 11/10
    10/11: Dx PCOS, 2000mg Metformin
    imageimage
    My Blog
    April Nesties March siggy challenge: Next Vacation, Anguilla!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $30 is really cheap for flower rose and lilly centerpieces!

I just used the large lanterns that came standard with the reception, so mine were free!

You have a few options to make them cheaper.
    1) Use cheaper flowers-maybe gerber daisies?
    2) Do smaller arrangements
    3) Buy flowers in bulk and DIY them the day before
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards