Snarky Brides
Options

Morning Sunshines!

Re: Morning Sunshines!

• Options
    Oh! Raynes...you will appreciate this, and SarahPlz too if she is here...my burn on my Fitbit on Monday was 3154! :)  I don't know if I will ever be able to beat that again (a long day at work moving a lot, Body Attack and Hot Power Yoga!).
  • Options
    I'm going to buy lobster after work for our valentines dinner tomorrow, gonna get 3 lobster tails. Don't know yet what I want to do with them but I know I want 3. I have an appointment at the bank to discuss my retirement savings (I want to make some changes) and that's about the most exciting I have going on this weekend other than TWD. Oh and I'm wearing my part angora "hand wash only" sweater which was so horribly stretched out that I put in the wash anyways cause hand washing wasn't cutting it. It turned out perfectly fine putting it in the washer and went back to its proper shape. Asshole washing instructions.
  • Options
    omg, I love lobster...maybe I will make lobster mac and cheese for Valentine's Day...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:a95efc31-1c25-47a9-b1b8-a6aad3d341b8">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to buy lobster after work for our valentines dinner tomorrow, gonna get 3 lobster tails. Don't know yet what I want to do with them but I know I want 3. I have an appointment at the bank to discuss my retirement savings (I want to make some changes) and that's about the most exciting I have going on this weekend other than TWD. Oh and I'm wearing my part angora "hand wash only" sweater which was so horribly stretched out that I put in the wash anyways cause hand washing wasn't cutting it. It turned out perfectly fine putting it in the washer and went back to its proper shape. Asshole washing instructions.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I feel like almost all tags are one step too cautious on how to clean it nowadays because people get pissed if something goes wrong and they blame the company that made the clothes rather than realizing they might have done something wrong.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:3af15c29-676c-415f-9793-e94cd40c7bcb">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg, I love lobster...maybe I will make lobster mac and cheese for Valentine's Day...
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

<div>YUM.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Yeah I'm not going to worry about it.  It's just annoying hearing people say "oh what's wrong?  Are you mad, or tired?"  NO bitch it's my mothereffing FACE.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:1a3647ef-8c8c-475f-b382-b8eb23e83744">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Sunshines! : Yep.  I have started washing a few things on delicate that are dry clean only and so far, so good.  Dry cleaning is too damn expensive!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I feel llike clothes companies make deals with dry cleaning companies to put that on their tags just so people dry clean more lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:3af15c29-676c-415f-9793-e94cd40c7bcb">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg, I love lobster...maybe I will make lobster mac and cheese for Valentine's Day...

<div>That sounds amazing.  Recipe please?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:1a3647ef-8c8c-475f-b382-b8eb23e83744">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Sunshines! : Yep.  I have started washing a few things on delicate that are dry clean only and so far, so good.  Dry cleaning is too damn expensive!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Best part of the new washer/dryer (and not having to use the industrial ones at the old apartment.)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:38d0ca91-9802-4fbd-a96b-b836af0946ad">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh! Raynes...you will appreciate this, and SarahPlz too if she is here...my burn on my Fitbit on Monday was 3154! :)  I don't know if I will ever be able to beat that again (a long day at work moving a lot, Body Attack and Hot Power Yoga!).

::thumbs up::

I think I've had 2 days over 3k cals burned.  And both were during softball tournaments. 

For the second one I played a few games in the morning, came home, and then we went to Wonderland and walked around until they closed.

I looked back on FitBit.  June 25rd, 3 softball games, 3557 cals and 19k+ steps.  July 23rd, looks like 2 baseball games and then Wonderland, 3553 cals and 19,893 steps.

Now, just my increase weight + being in the 3rd tri has me up around a 2500 burn each day.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've never had lobster. It too H 2 or 3 years to get me to try calamari. He still has to bribe me to try other types of seafood. Chances are, if it's not fried, I'm going to hate it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:f8accb27-24f2-4748-92de-737755e09170">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never had lobster. It too H 2 or 3 years to get me to try calamari. He still has to bribe me to try other types of seafood. Chances are, if it's not fried, I'm going to hate it.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't like lobster at all. I love shrimp though.
  • Options
    You guys are really making me want a Fitbit. I'm always so hesitant to spend money on myself though. I track all my calories and exercise online but I would be very curious to see what something like the Fitbit would tell me. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I might just broil the tails and we will dip in butter. My desire to make something super involved is pretty low considering adam wants some stupid coconut pie too. I love plain lobster so its not like its a terrible sacrifice to go that way.
  • Options
    Question, how the hell much are you supposed to eat if you're burning 3500+ cal a day?
  • Options
    H always tells me he can see my redneck showing when I ask if something is fried that he wants me to try. That's what I get for marrying a Yankee (is PA yankee? I don't really know but I still call him one).

I did like scallops at this restaurant south of us called Flip Flops. The guy who partly runs it won Hell's Kitchen not too long ago. HIs name is Danny but I don't remember his last name. He worked the kitchen and I think was the sous chef. The food was incredible.
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies.

Not much going on.  Work tomorrow, then moving some furniture around, a long hike on Sunday.  I have a butternut squash and want to make a chili recipe with it.  And I want a fitbit.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    good morning, TGIF indeed.

mara, I will not participate in OOTD because I look like hell today and normally I'd dig NOTD, but for the first time in months, my nail polish is actually chipped. I'll be very happy to lurk though :)

We're supposed to get some snow tonight so everyone is freaking out. I think they are saying 1-2 inches OMG BLIZZARD. Tomorrow is my TWIG fundraiser and I'm so freaking excited. The group of ladies I go with grows every year and this year we bought three tables. They start pouring the champagne at 10am so I'll be the DD for my mom and the rest of the crew that ride with us. I enjoy watching all those broads get toasted by noon and get loose with their money...it's for a good cause so it's totally fine to get smashed before noon. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:cdf13f4b-3637-4586-b3ff-51918697f89f">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question, how the hell much are you supposed to eat if you're burning 3500+ cal a day?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Beer.

Ha.  Those days were exceptions for me.  And they were baseball days, so there was lots of beer calories consumed.
  • Options
    OMG I love seafood. Great, now I want some lobster bisque.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    OK,  I just read the FitBit product information and reviews on Amazon.  Holy crap, sounds fantastic.  It will arrive Tuesday.  8-)
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Lol no seriously, how do you eat so you don't go into that gd starvation mode?
  • Options
    FitBits are seriously awesome.

celtic, you should look into it!  If nothing else, it's a great motivator to get up and move your lazyass. (the general you)
  • Options
    Morning! I am jealous of those of you with a fitbit- I think it would be fascinating to get such an in-depth look of my daily activities and sleep patterns.

We spent over 4 hours at the dealership last night buying H a car. I was SO crabby and hungry by the time we got home. Just glad that it is over, and we don't have to buy another car for a long time.

I think I have a bitchy default face as well. Although I did have a boss tell me I looked high all the time- so I probably look flighty as well :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:7ac3f209-f8fa-40dd-8d93-444dcdceb146">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol no seriously, how do you eat so you don't go into that gd starvation mode?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

People that truely burn that many calories a day (dudes that do manual jobs mostly) eat a lot.  I'll take Derek as an example.  When he gets home from a day where he's worked at a manual job for 10 hours, he seriously eats a TON.  Like, a sandwich or 2, a bowl of sour cream and salsa with half a bag of nachos and THEN eats 3 giant tacos for dinner.  (this was yesterday)

I know from following some blogs (Tony Gentilcore for example) that guys that train a lot (and care about the quality of food they're ingesting) normally eat at least 4-6 eggs for breakfast and eat a lot and often.

If you're actually burning 3500+ cals a day, your hunger will reflect that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:864d09a3-3b3e-4224-b639-4d3b86fe72dd">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FitBits are seriously awesome. celtic, you should look into it!  If nothing else, it's a great motivator to get up and move your lazyass. (the general you)
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>I completely agree with this!  If I see my numbers are low or my tracker has too much time logged as sedentary, I'll get up and go for a walk during my lunch break.  It's a great motivator.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'd love to know how many colories H burns, especially during the summer when he is super busy. That man can seriously eat. He's on his second helping of dinner before I'm even halfway done with my first. But, he also eats really fast out of habit and I eat super slow so that's part of it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-sunshines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44199f00-e9dd-4f0c-9d0b-cdfad178f485Post:5dd2d221-2f19-4883-8aab-16cde5f6204f">Re: Morning Sunshines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd love to know how many colories H burns, especially during the summer when he is super busy. That man can seriously eat. He's on his second helping of dinner before I'm even halfway done with my first.<strong> But, he also eats really fast out of habit and I eat super slow so that's part of it.</strong>
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

We're the same way too.  Derek eats really really fast, and I sort of just munch along happily.  He's usually done 2 servings by the time I finish 1.
  • Options
    We went to Whole Foods the other night, and got the most amazing beer. If you haven't had it yet, you guys gotta try this stuff:

What I like is that the banana bread flavor isn't too strong, but it is noticeable. I'm sure it's pretty high in calories, which is fine since I never drink more than one or two, but OMG I love it. They also have a chocolate one, but I'm leery since it's always a crapshoot on whether the chocolate flavor tastes super fake.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    So if you have a naturally high metabolism, like adam, would that show up? He eats and eats and loses so I have no idea what must be going on inside him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards