Virginia-Richmond

PLEASE HELP! ceremony & reception venue

Hi there! I'm new to this, so go easy on me, girls!
I got engaged in January, planning our wedding for June 18th, 2011. I am finishing up my last year of college, so I was trying to get all of the big planning done this summer so that I could focus on school during the year. The theme of our wedding is Southern chic, and we had a fabulous venue outdoors on a beautiful horse farm/estate. This suited mine & my fiance's equine/agricultural lifestyles, but still made my 'snooty' parents happy. :) The farm is owned by a family friend, but due to some serious health problems on his part, we are concerned to contribute to his stress by having the wedding there.
PLEASE help me think of any outdoor venues in the VA area. I have called most of the obvious outdoor locations like the plantations, and was in love with them, but they are all booked on our date, and we have already booked caterer/photog/dj/etc. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm panicking!

Re: PLEASE HELP! ceremony & reception venue

• edited December 2011
    Try:

Celebrations at the Reservoir in Richmond, VA
    Kinloch Farm http://www.historickinloch.com/
  • cmk22302cmk22302 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The garden at the Edgar Allen Poe Museum in downtown is really pretty.  You can't have a reception there though.  Also, the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens have several options, all of which are really pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Rolling Run Farm in Manakin-Sabot, Virginia (not far from Richmond).  The prices are great, it is beautiful, and they can handle all catering.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sel5121sel5121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How do you know Lona Crittendon? SO funny that you suggested that... she is so sweet, and is actually helping with our planning, but she is not doing weddings there anymore due to neighbor complaints :( The location is beautiful though, and we are actually having our rehearsal dinner there! Thanks for the suggestions everyone, we decided to go with the Boathouse at Sunday Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards