Snarky Brides

Coffee Drinkers In Here

I FINALLY got a coffee maker, woot!  So what's your favorite coffee because the one I got was disgusting.  Although, the Cinnamon Bun creamer was awesome...so it was eh today.

Coffee makes me excited.

Re: Coffee Drinkers In Here

• I love coffee. But I usually just get regular house blend coffee, so I'm not much help. I do love sugar-free cinnamon vanilla creamer though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • I usually drink whatever's brewed in the office kitchen, but on the weekends I do brew at home sometimes. My coffee maker is Gevalia, and it came with some flavored coffee. The Creme Brulee is freakin AWESOME. I'll be sad when it's gone.
    I usually just like a bit of cream and sugar, with a drop of vanilla.
  • I've been stopping at the gas station for coffee lately because I get it free there and it saves me some time in the morning because I don't have to wait for my coffee to brew.  When I do make ti at home, though, I always get Folgers (that's the red can, right?)  That's all my H will drink.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Coffee keeps the world turning for me. I make Dunkin Donuts hazelnut every morning for my drive to work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    If you're asking for what brand of beans to buy, if you have it in your area Eight O'Clock coffee. Their bags look sketchy and they're wicked cheap, but they actually beat out a lot of larger brands in a taste test (Starbucks for example, which to me is easy to beat because it tastes like muddy azz...not that I know what that tastes like). I like their original and their vanilla.

Also, Dunkin Donuts coffee is the bomb.

I'm not a hardcore coffee drinker, so I'm not like "Oh, you need 100% arabian blah blah blah." I just like a mild to strong coffee that doesn't taste like dirt.

ETA: Link about 8 O'Clock http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/food/2009/02/05/2009-02-05_eight_oclock_coffee_beats_starbucks_dunk.html

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• We actually order our coffee from Blue Mountain in Jamaica ever since we came back from there about 3 years ago.
    It's the smoothest coffee I've ever tasted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Whole bean Community Coffee. It's Louisiana made. In fact, they roast the beans about 4 miles from my house. I don't know if you can get it outside Louisiana, but I know you can order it from their website. It's the best.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Oooh, awesome.  Now I want to buy 10 different coffees.  Thank you
  • I love everything about coffee... the taste, the smell, the pick-up.  I just rarely drink it because it makes my stomach upset :(
    panther
  • Oh, I also 2nd Community Coffee!!

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We're big coffee drinkers.  We've got a coffee maker that keeps a tank of hot water in the back, so you get a full pot in only 3 minutes (and you can brew a pot when the power's out!).

We drink President's choice dark roast fine grind.  But that's only available up here, soooo, not much help to you.  For my Bodum at work (which I used this morning) I've got Starbuck's Komodo Dragon.  I like me some Extra Bold.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Island Coconut is my favorite, but I love French Vanilla as well.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm a fan of Dunkin Donuts coffee beans. I recommend getting a little grinder and grinding your own beans if at all possible. And why is it that any variation of the word "grind" is funny?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_coffee-drinkers-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c8492b65-4534-4e9d-9dd7-8e0793f2cab4Post:8dd4b0ee-8916-4e9e-b25c-5c3da86e7687">Re: Coffee Drinkers In Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a fan of Dunkin Donuts coffee beans. I recommend getting a little grinder and grinding your own beans if at all possible. And why is it that any variation of the word "grind" is funny?
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]
    Ditto this. Fresh ground beans makes a HUGE difference. So worth it.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_coffee-drinkers-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c8492b65-4534-4e9d-9dd7-8e0793f2cab4Post:b485a46e-e26f-4d90-bc25-56e9d467c96e">Re: Coffee Drinkers In Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]We actually order our coffee from Blue Mountain in Jamaica ever since we came back from there about 3 years ago. It's the smoothest coffee I've ever tasted.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

That is the best coffee on the face of the earth, hands down. I did not know you can order it! You just made my day/week/month/year!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_coffee-drinkers-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c8492b65-4534-4e9d-9dd7-8e0793f2cab4Post:5ca1b560-81cb-4474-9513-e1cba0562a86">Re: Coffee Drinkers In Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coffee Drinkers In Here : That is the best coffee on the face of the earth, hands down. I did not know you can order it! You just made my day/week/month/year!
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

My DH researched it as soon as we got back. And we've been ordering ever since. He even gives it for gifts at Christmas. I can get you the info, but it should be easy to find.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • girl, I was googling before I replied! :) I'm so excited!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_coffee-drinkers-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c8492b65-4534-4e9d-9dd7-8e0793f2cab4Post:0da43950-bf12-4bb0-b977-b829749779ed">Re: Coffee Drinkers In Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love everything about coffee... the taste, the smell, the pick-up.  I just rarely drink it because it makes my stomach upset :(
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Folgers makes a "stomach soft" blend or something like that, that should address that problem.
  • DH loves Dunkin Donuts coffee, I think it's called Premium Roasted blend.

I've actually never had a cup of coffee, except in Ecuador. The village we were at grew their own and mixed it with home-grown cocoa beans, so it was like chocolate coffee and was incredible. I love the smell of coffee but the taste is too bitter for me.
  • mag are you drinking decaf? just curious. lack of caffeine is one of those things that i'm not looking forward to. boo.

sesh- the best cup of coffee i ever had was in costa rica. hardly surprising since they do grow it there, but it was just amazing. we had it once brewed in the "traditional" way, which is essentially through a burlap bag into a tin coffee urn. so frigging good. especially when served with a fried plantain. ;-)
  • Im a Dunkin Donuts gal cause, well, America Runs on Dunkin, lol.

If I dont have a cup of coffee withing 45 minutes of waking up I will have a headache for the rest of the day.

Add it to my list of addictions.......
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • JudieNJudieN member
    First Comment
    Wow. Ok. I am a hard core coffee drinker. I like the costa rican blend mostly. I agree that community coffee rocks. I also really like Caribou coffee, and central market beans...if you have either of those in your state...
  • I love coffe.  I'm obsessed with coffee.

We buy 8 o'clock coffee in whole beans and grind them with our grinder.  H's mama always has Dunkin Donuts and that is really great too! 
  • I actually use the Dunkin' Dark it's pretty amazing :)
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    image 12 need to hurry up!
    RSVP Date:November 1
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • Damn, I'm bout to throw up a poll just to see what's the most popular...haha!  It's cool there are so many good ones out there though. 

I gotta say I went with Starbucks...that was a mistake!  Blech
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_coffee-drinkers-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c8492b65-4534-4e9d-9dd7-8e0793f2cab4Post:63b743d1-44a4-4030-96df-df850dcf3962">Re: Coffee Drinkers In Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Damn, I'm bout to throw up a poll just to see what's the most popular...haha!  It's cool there are so many good ones out there though.  I gotta say I<u><strong> went with Starbucks...</strong></u>that was a mistake!  Blech
    Posted by future-mrs[/QUOTE]

I am so not a fan, lol.  Personally I find their coffee gross.  But their mocha-chinos(sp?) are decent.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • My office has a Keurig pot and I order Green Mountain coffee for it (it's eh), at home I'm definitely a Gevalia Irish Creme kind of person, but now that Bec has said she likes the Creme Brulee, I might just try that one too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited June 2010
    I buy big bags of Dunkin Donuts coffee at Costco.  Yummy.
  • if you like strong coffee try jet fuel from the coffee people. awesome stuff. i'm also a huge fan of the hazelnut from timothy's. their cinnamon pastry is pretty awesome too. 
  • edited June 2010
    Chickory is good in coffee.

I like darker roasts, like french or italian style. More robust beans are usually from Africa and Asia, and the milder beans are usually from South America. Experiment with what you find!

I buy whole beans, too. Except if it's chickory coffee, because that only comes ground.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards