Connecticut

Sushi Chef in CT?

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the knot and just started planning my wedding. I was thinking about having a sushi chef for the cocktail hour to have some fun but don't know where to look. Has anyone done this before? We are getting married in Simsbury, CT.

Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Sushi Chef in CT?

• Melissa603Melissa603 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you talked to your venue? Some venues offer a sushi station during the cocktail hour. Where are you getting married?
  • edited December 2011
    Can I come to your wedding? Sounds delicious! I'm not sure but maybe ask reputable sushi restaurants. Feng and Sakura are very good. Also, like pp said, check with your venue. 
  • ekoliopoulosekoliopoulos member
    edited December 2011

Melissa, We are getting married at the Riverview and they do offer a sushi display but I was hoping for someone who would be making the rolls in front of the guests.
    Alicia, Thanks I will see if Sakuka or Feng offer off site services.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    OOOO we looked at the Riverview - we kept going back and forth between there and the Aqua Turf. Your pictures will be gorgeous! 
  • edited December 2011
    You should check with the Riverview first to make sure you can even bring in an outside food vendor. Some venues require that all of the food be made on site due to liabilities (if someone brought in outside food that makes someone sick, but it happens on the venue's property). Especially since they provide a sushi option. they may not be keen on allowing you to go outside to bring someone in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards