• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
March 2011 Weddings

Our 1st test as a married couple

Our marriage had its 1st test the week we returned from our Honeymoon. Four days after going back to work, I was terminated from my job of 6 years! How crappy is that?!? Nothing that I did, just due to lack of work. They said it had been coming for awhile and I am thinking they were waiting until after the wedding. UGH! My last day at work they gave me my annual review (which was perfect) and then they gave me a weeks vacation as a wedding present! How nice! :( 

Anyway, they didn't fight my unemployment, I'm just waiting for it to start. I've decided to go to school and get my LPN license and then work toward my RN. Just waiting on financial aid paperwork to be processed and I can enroll! College! After being out of school for 16 years! WOW!

So, now I'm afraid to legally change my name until unemployment starts and the financial aid is done...I don't want to screw it all up. Life was perfect before and thisis not how I pictured it after the wedding. All in all, things are ok and we are moving past it. :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Our 1st test as a married couple

• Hang in there! I was unemployed for 10 months and just started work a month before the wedding. Things were rough, but we stayed supportive of one another and made it through just fine.

Also, just some advice, I work at a hospital and all the RN's are requred to have a BSN to keep their jobs, so if I were you I'd look into some bachelor's of nursing programs.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) ?????? image

• Sorry to hear that :( Keep your head up, sounds like you are on the right path with going back to school! Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Boo to that! I guess on one hand it's nice they didn't do it before the wedding, but on the other what a nightmare right after your honeymoon! Just keep your head up; you guys will be fine. :)
    tiffandshel.tumblr.com
    www.tiffandshel.com/wedding

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • I completely understand where you are coming from in a way....I had all satisfactory reviews for 3 1/2 years (teacher). I moved to a new school and the first year, the principal cut 7 of us (almost all up for tenure!) so I have been on unemployment since August. It does suck because it cut my income in half and my job as a substitute is so unpredictable from day to day. Plus it is putting having baby on hold, BUT hang in there. DH's are there for a reason! SUPPORT!!!
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • So sorry girl. Ugh!!! :( Maybe it's one of those weird blessings though. Hopefully you'll end up LOVING nursing & making more money -- and this was just the push you needed to put you on that track. Sending prayers for you!
  • Sorry you're going through this. I understand with unemployment. I was also laid off last June to December in the middle of wedding planning. It sucked so bad. I know it's hard but keep your head up and Good luck with school
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry!  I was laid of a couple of years ago and then a door opened to start up a small business.  Now, here I am with a THRIVING business.  Everything happens for a reason so hang in there!
  • So sorry to hear that but everything happens for a reason and I hope something better is right around the corner for you.

When we came back from  our honeymoon, the townhouse that we just started to rent is at risk of going up for sale because the landlord/owner is in arrears with his payment which means the bank has taken over! Not the greatest thing you want to come back to from a great wedding and honeymoon so now we are trying to see if we can purchase it as there is a chance we may have to move again (just been in the house for 1 month). Keep us in your prayers :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards