Wedding Reception Forum
Options

DJ or No DJ????

I am having a destination wedding with about 30 or less people. The reception is poolside. My friends and I are really into music and one in particular has a huge selection on her computer. I am wondering if I could get away with putting together an awesome dance playlist and playing it during the reception....has anyone done this?? Thoughts

Re: DJ or No DJ????

• Options
    sure you can.  but you need to a good set of speakers.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    That's what we're doing.  The only thing is that I've heard dancing can get really iffy at iPod receptions, because a DJ is able to read the dance floor and change things up on the fly to keep the party moving.  So if you want to have dancing (we're not really), then you may want to consider a DJ.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    If you think no drunk person is going to control the playlist and that people will be able to hear then why not? Ipod receptions are usually a disaster for these reasons and for the reason that the songs don't always match the mood of the night the way a professional choice would. I think with 30 people you are going to be ok though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards