California-Orange County

unresponsive vendors

I'm having the worst luck with vendors right now. We're in the process of looking for a co-ordinator and a caterer but very few are responding to my inquiries. I make phone appointments and they don't answer so I leave a message and never get calls back. Or we're exchange some emails to set up an inperson meet and they don't get back to me until an hour before we're supposed to meet and it's to cancel. Is anyone else having this problem or do I just have a black cloud floating over my planning process?

Re: unresponsive vendors

• I haven't had an issue, but I didn't need a caterer (venue has their own caterer) or a co-ordinator. I find it rude that they wouldn't get back to you at all. It is kind of a high season for weddings. Unless they gave you a great reason for canceling, I would probably just scratch them off the list. If the date in your profile is right you have over a year until your wedding. I know that my caterer wanted to wait for a tasting until 5 months out. It doesn't mean they shouldn't call you back, but just a thought. Have you asked your venue for recommendations? People they have worked this before? Good luck!

• I had the same issue so I switched first chance I got.  It was worth it.  My event planner was so attentive and planned my wedding better than I could have without the stress.  Plus she handled all of the vendor bookings so I didn't need to do anything.  It's so important especially the day of your wedding not to worry about a thing.  I would definately get rid of them and find a new vendor.  I used Amazing Arrangements.  www.amazingarrangements.com If you need someone new contact Christine.  She was great.
  • I had the same issue so I switched first chance I got.  It was worth it.  My event planner was so attentive and planned my wedding better than I could have without the stress.  Plus she handled all of the vendor bookings so I didn't need to do anything.  It's so important especially the day of your wedding not to worry about a thing.  I would definately get rid of them and find a new vendor.  I used Amazing Arrangements.  www.amazingarrangements.com If you need someone new contact Christine.  She was great.
  • I just thought I'd follow-up on my own post. One of the caterers I had met with and was waiting for a quote called me 6 weeks after I met with them to ask me to come to a tasting and meet with them to see if they could help us with our wedding. The message they left sounded like they had no idea who I was and that I was a brand new client. I'm definately now using that catering company even if they have a ton of good references.
  • I had a few issues with this. One was a caterer. I just kept looking for someone else and eventually I found a different caterer. It is annoying to say the least! But it worked itself out.  I had the problem of my flower vendor not returning calls/emails etc but eventually that worked itself out too. I like to "take care of it right now" and the waiting game sucks. Overall it was a stressor but so far the gaps have been filled.
  • I'm sorry that you are having so many problems with the catering still! Hopefully you will have better luck now. At least you still have a little while to do before your wedding and they didn't flake out on you at last minute. Trust me this is awful. I'm having and issue with my florist right now and I have like 3 months to go! But anyway, you will find a great caterer and it will all work out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards