Not Engaged Yet

The Good, the Bad, and the Frighteningly Rad

The Good:  A needs braces, and since it was deemed a functional issue, insurance will pay for them in full.  She starts with spacers tomorrow.  This was a huge burden that has been lifted!

The Bad:  FI's grandmother passed away yesterday.  He is doing alright, as he says she had a full life with travel, a love that lasted decades, and so on.  She has also been in a deteriorating state for years now.  So, she is now at peace.

The Frighteningly Rad:  A (or Sweetbeak, as we lovingly refer to her at home) in costume

Before "Funky Hair"

During

After

Your turn...

Pics of yourselves, kids, or furry friends in costume, or any other awesome tidbit to share!

Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Frighteningly Rad

• We dressed Freya as a hot dog. She was not pleased. I'll get photographs tonight.

And I'm dressed in an Iron Man-themed dress that I made! It's red and gold, and I made a little arc reactor out of two pendants, a brass ring, silver wire, sparkly paper, balsa wood and glimmery fabric. Tyler got me an Iron Man mask last night to complete the outfit. I don't have a pic yet, but again, I'll have one later today! Here's a pic of the arc reactor before I wrapped it in the glimmery fabric:

• How fun! I'm so excited that since FI and I have a house (and not a backdoor enterance basement apartment), we will actually get trick-or-treaters tonight! I'm even taking off work an hour early so I can be home in time. I can't wait!
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • The Good- we have power, it's almost Friday already, we go to DC this weekend!!!

The Bad- we have no one to get our new washer dryer to our second floor condo, my parents flaked on us over the weekend,
    I am at work and I really don't want to be here right now.
    I have David's bridal harassing me to come pick up my bridesmaid's dress that the bride insisted we order in early October for a wedding that isn't until the end of july.....
    no cable or internet at home

The Rad-  I have none right now but I am looking forward to DC this weekend!!!

Anniversary

• The Good - I get to work from home today!!!!  And it's hump day!!!!

The Bad - The dog.  She's sick and peed on the bed again last night while asleep...at 1 am.  And she's been whining ever since.  
                      Anything work related...everything's crashing down around me right now, and I'm fulling expecting my advisor to kick me out of the program any day.  Preferably before Thanksgiving, so at least I don't have to go through my qualifying exams.

The Rad - I wish I had something, but even the grocery store was sold out of pumpkins last night, so we don't have a stitch of Halloween decoration up.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_the-good-the-bad-and-the-frighteningly-rad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:27f6bbfd-61ae-4bf4-9edc-4149245db86aPost:ac12fbb9-f524-4db1-9ac7-2f5f1e142db6">Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Frighteningly Rad</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Rad - I wish I had something, but even the grocery store was sold out of pumpkins last night, so we don't have a stitch of Halloween decoration up.
    Posted by PrincessJas[/QUOTE]

I was too busy making my costume to buy Halloween stuff, so we have a whole bunch of nothing too. We say we're going to decorate, but we're now on our third Halloween at our house and haven't decorated on any Halloween :x.

• RWS - Those pics are adorable.

The Good: It's Wednesday - which means, it's not Monday, and it's getting closer to Friday.

Bad: FI overdrafted the CC this weekend. I made a payment as soon as I caught it, but I'm so over it.

The Rad: FI is considering moving back to FL in Dec. Like, saying eff it, and up and moving. We'd be going back to where I lived when I lived there. While I'm used to him saying this type of sh!t quite frequently, something about this time is different. He was genuinely ecstatic when he was talking about it last night. It's very strange. Before he wouldn't even talk about visiting my friends back there because my ex-H was still there. However, he has since, supposedly, moved to the East coast, and I've convinced FI that I'm not going to go on a ex killing spree lol. So, we shall see what happens. I'm still applying to a bajillion different places, hoping to catch a break somewhere, but we will play it by ear.
  • I love A's costume, and that's great news about her braces!  Those things are not cheap out-of-pocket.

Let's see...

The Good:  I'm currently brewing Polyjuice Potion on Pottermore.  It should be ready for me to add lacewings and leeches in 15 minutes.

The Bad:  I had a tennis match on Monday and lost.  And I lost in the last match before that, too.  Sadface.  On the other hand, it's good exercise and it's fun, and it's not like I'm trying to go pro, so oh well.

The Rad:  I am going to buy a shitton of discounted candy tomorrow.  Woo!
  • The Good- I've lived in Chicago for 9 years but will probably be getting my first trick or treaters here tonight.  All my other apartments were high/mid rises and our new place is a converted single family perfect for it.  I'm crazy excited for it.

The Bad-  I need to go work out.  I haven't run since my bout of bronchitis at the beginning of the month:(  Between that and my asthma walking was hard until last week.  I'm going to attempt a "run" tonight and see how far I get.  I don't think it will be pretty.  At least my new Lulu top will be.

The Rad-  This is my nephew in costume:

Hand made by his mother.  Crazy awesome.  So wish he didn't live so far away and I could see it in person.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Stillwell that's what I call a teaser.  I want to see the whole costume!  

Suzie, your nephew's costume is seriously rad!

Irish, I am excited for you that you!  That sounds like serious progress with the FI; I hope it works out.

Today turned into my Friday, because we have to leave for South Dakota tomorrow for the visitation, then the funeral is on Friday.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards