Louisiana-New Orleans

Make-up company recommendations???

I am wondering if anybody has used Just Face It for their wedding make-up! I am interested in using them or Kiss and Make-up (although they want to charge $10 more/ makeup application becuase I am only booking them for make-up). I just want to make sure we all look beautiful on the big day. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Make-up company recommendations???

• I've heard both are great. Lots of good reviews for Just Face It on these boards.
    Which ever you choose, I recommend doing a trial. I didn't because I didn't think I had time to fit it in and didn't think it was really necessary. I was wrong! Definitely do a trial!!
    Good luck!
  • I have been working with Just Face It for our wedding in a couple of weeks and have loved them so far!
  • I was really happy with Make Me Up.  Celeste was great to work with and did a beautiful job.
  • I used Just Face It and I LOVED them!  They were there early, we finished early, and my hair and make up were beautiful through the entire night!  If you can book them I would do it ASAP!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've heard great reviews on theMakeup lab
  • I used Kelly Le Blanc and was very impressed.
  • I used Just Face It for my April wedding and I can't say enough good things about them!!! My makeup was flawless and my hair turned out better than I could've ever imagined!!! Angele was my artist and she was there early for both my trial and the actual day. She took a very loose hair design concept and turned it into something fabulous. Also, I never wear makeup in "regular life", but she was able to pull off a natural look while still making me look like a bride!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I also recommend Angele at Just Face It.
  • Does any one have any thoughts... pro or anti, about using the same person/company to do both hair and makeup? seems like it would save money and time? Just Face it seems to have reasonable prices for that.

and, if not, how do they work out the timing if you have seperate hair and makeup people coming to your hotel room?

thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hired separate people for hair and makeup and there was room for the both of them.  The hair took a little longer than the makeup person, so we started earlier on hair and staggered the makeup appointments counting back from when I needed to be dressed.

Hiring someone who does both certainly eliminates the need for dealing with two vendors, but I liked the two that I hired: Ginger Dickey for hair and Make Me Up for makeup.
  • mcahil1mcahil1 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for all of the recommendations! I ak pretty sure I am going to go with Just Face It Angele is a name I have seen a lot so I think she will be a great choice. I will do a trial run closer to my wedding! I have also been hearing good things about Ashley Sievert for makeup. Anybody use her? TinkerbekFor my friends wedding we used Kiss and Makeup and they did our hair and makeup and were wonderful. The reason I am not going with them is because my hairdresser is doing our hair, and to just use their makeup services they charge 10 more per service, and a little higher travel fee I think it's ridiculous! I know it doesnt seem like much but it adds up quick 70 for one makeup application is steep. For her wedding they were there early and got all of us done with time to sparethey had one doing hair and one for makeup with 10 of us to get ready. I am going to go with a cheaper option for me and my girls with just as great results. Just knowthey do charge a veil placement fee which is crazy, my hair person doesn't.
  • I booked Gwen, SWAK makeup artistry. I already did my trial run for hair and makeup and she was wonderful!
  • TinkerbekFor my friends wedding we used Kiss and Makeup and they did our hair and makeup and were wonderful. The reason I am not going with them is because my hairdresser is doing our hair, and to just use their makeup services they charge 10 more per service, and a little higher travel fee I think it's ridiculous! I know it doesnt seem like much but it adds up quick 70 for one makeup application is steep. For her wedding they were there early and got all of us done with time to sparethey had one doing hair and one for makeup with 10 of us to get ready. I am going to go with a cheaper option for me and my girls with just as great results. Just knowthey do charge a veil placement fee which is crazy, my hair person doesn't.
    Posted by mcahil1[/QUOTE]

yea see that makes perfect sense if you already have a hairstylist. I don't. I have long layered hair and only get it cut like 2 times a year... dont have a certain person that does it just go to the same salon. My girls will all do their own make up, but we'll all pay to get our hair done, and then i'll want pro  make-up to.

I know, isnt the veil placement thing ridiculous?!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have used Make Me Up for special events and they did an amazing job! The makeup stayed on perfectly throughout the night
  • The MakeUp Lab is awesome!!!
  • I booked the Makeup Lab...their work is amazing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards