North Carolina-Outer Banks

Looking for and Officiant

Does anyone have suggestions of a Officiant for  a wedding in Kill Devil Hills? My destination wedding is there in April and my officiant from home can no longer attend. I've googled some names, but have no clue who to use. Suggestions would be great  looking for someone non denominational.=)

Re: Looking for and Officiant

• Rev. Jay Bowman will be the officiant at my daughter's wedding. Outstanding reviews! We met him with in August and loved him.
  • We used Bonnie Williams from Hatteras Wedding Ministries.  She's in Avon but I'm almost positive she travels.  Loved her.
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Hi,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.  I second Rev. Jay Bowman,  he officiated our wedding and he was awesome,   All of our guests thought so too.  Good luck with everything.  
  • ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We are using Rev. Jay as well for our September 2012 wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rev. Jay is a popular choice and b/c of that, he may already be booked for an April wedding.  If he is, try these: 

http://www.outerbanksweddingassoc.org/membersearch/results.html?catID=15

• Check out http://www.1loveweddings.com Zach does a terrific job!
    Good luck with your wedding! Smile
  • We really like Dave Keller.  He will be our officiant in May.  He goes by Dr. Dave and is also a chiropractor and an Ohio State fan :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited January 2012
    Wow, KSJ, we are getting married in September of 2012 and using Rev. Jay as well!  What a coincidence!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_looking-officiant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:db5e209f-8538-4f89-bc05-621b37a98f8cPost:b2ee6212-98d9-4088-9f9a-a1251b3747a1">Re: Looking for and Officiant</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, KSJ, we are getting married in September of 2012 and using Rev. Jay as well!  What a coincidence!!!
    Posted by Phillyboy06[/QUOTE]

You're so silly!  ;)

• Jay always comes highly recommended.  He was booked for our day over a year in advance.

We used Pat Walden at Simply OBX weddings.  She happily let us write our entire ceremony and then showed up to perform it.  No complaints.

06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Marsha Johnson from Outer Banks I Do (http://outerbanksido.com/). She actually is also the owner of Great Cakes of the Outer Banks! We had them do our cake and also and would have had her officiate our ceremony if we hadn't already booked an officiant from home. She has a very relaxed demeanor and is very easy to work with.

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • jmira827jmira827 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I wanted to use Dr. Dave Keller but he was booked for our May 2012 date, he seems very professional and laid back. Rev Jay came highly recommended but I actually thought his personality was a little too much for what I was looking for. We are using Rev Tanya Young, and we also did not want a religious ceremony and wanted to use a few things from our parents wedding. She seems super flexible, and professional. I wanted someone who would be more serious and less funny and I think she will deliver on that.  Also, she was great about agreeing to meet before hand.
  • Thanks. I am looking into all the recommendations.  Also was thinking of having a family member get ordained online at the Universal Life Church. I know some states say these are legal and others don't.  I am getting mixed results when I google whether this is legal in NC. Anyone know?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards