Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

How many months before the wedding did you have your engagement pics taken?

I'd love to have them in time for the save the dates, but I hear they need to go out 6 months in advance (that would me March).  Selfishly, I'd like to lose more weight before the photos are taken so I can't decide what to do - send save the dates 6 months in advance with no photo, have someone take a photo now and use them for save the dates and get engagement shots later, or just bite the bullet and get the engagement photos now?
My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: How many months before the wedding did you have your engagement pics taken?

• Options
    we are going to wait till the spring to do them ... its included in our package so why not get the... we already did our save the dates with other pictures!
  • Options
    We did ours this past October, so about a year before the wedding, but that's because we wanted a "fall" feel to our pictures.

You could always have a nice headshot taken of the two of you to use for the STDs and then do the e-pics after you've lost the weight you wanted to.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We had our done this past October. So like 5 months. We did not use pictures for our STDs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    We sent out STD out the first week of January and did not use engagement pictures for it.  We are having our engagement photos taken at the end of March and our wedding is in July. 

It really is all your preference and whatever you are the most comfortable with.
  • Options
    This is helpful, thanks!
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We had ours done in June and the wedding is in March.  I wanted them done while the weather was nice so it's all about timing if you want them outside!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding isn't for another 17 months but I plan on doing them about 8 months out so I have time to do the save the dates.
  • Options
    You also have to take into account how long your photographer will take to get the pictures back to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards